Popular Tags: [View All]
Juanlu Bermudez
Spain
Málaga
Málaga
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder why the "build cities" action is not present in the rondel and can be done every turn.

Maybe the "maneuver" space next to the "army" space is the right place for the "build cities" action.
In fact, I think that the "army" space next to the "maneuver" space is not a good idea, because you can spend your armies in combat and, if you loose too much of them, buy new ones in your next turn. So you have two "maneuver" in the rondel to fight, but one of them is safe.

So, what do you think about the free city building and the asymetric maneuver moves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Building cities is the life blood of your nation. It is already dependent on the ability to move your forces and collect the proper number of resources. I prefer the flexibility of building cities when all else is lined up and in place. Otherwiese you waste a turn having to use a rondel space just to build.

As far as the manuever and army buld being near each other, I also think that is fine. It seems to make sense that the nations would have two campaign seasons and that one of them they could recover from quickly while the other isn't so easy to recover from. It's very abstract but it works for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Ozimek
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
badge
Must resist M:tG. Boardgames are my methadone :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Changing the build city "free" action to a roundel action would make expansionistic (opening) strategies a lot less viable, compared to temple building strategies.

I think the game is pretty well balanced between the possible strategies as is. You get a fairly similar growth from a temple strategy (Marble -> x -> Temple @ marble etc.) and an expasionistic strategy (Iron -> Arm -> Maneuver & build).

Also adding one more area to the roundel, would make the distance between Gather-"x"-resource -> Spend-x-resource become asymetrical. In other words: Now you have four spaces between all gather actions and their corresponding spend actions. This balance would be messed up if you add one area.

So I would be reluctant to change anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juanlu Bermudez
Spain
Málaga
Málaga
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, but for some reason I was getting wrong a rule about the rondel... now that it's clear, it makes much more sense!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.