CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Buck Rogers, Battlestar Galactica, V, Quantum Leap, Alien, Aliens, Blade Runner, Star Wars(the 80's edition), Krull, E.T., Last Starfighter, Running Man, The Thing, Escape from New York, They Live, Tron, Logans Run, Outland, Terminator, Predator, Star Trek Movies(all the good ones), Troma, Ender's Game, Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Neuromancer, etc.

While I admit, SciFi novels(At least the ones I really enjoy, predate the 70's) SciFi in other media rocked in the era.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
Drew1365 wrote:
They Live retains a cult status for some weird reason.

Ooh, I know this one! It's the 20-minute fight scene over wearing a pair of sunglasses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Burnett
United States
Victorville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Buck Rogers, Battlestar Galactica, V, Quantum Leap, Alien, Aliens, Blade Runner, Star Wars(the 80's edition), Krull, E.T., Last Starfighter, Running Man, The Thing, Escape from New York, They Live, Tron, Logans Run, Outland, Terminator, Predator, Star Trek Movies(all the good ones), Troma, Ender's Game, Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Neuromancer, etc.

Aw. You left out The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin McKenzie
United States
Garland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brerfrog wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

Aw. You left out The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension.

That movie Rocked..... I really liked John Lithgow in that film. "Laugh while-a you can, Monkey-Boy!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Oh, we had SOME "films" or T V 'shows' in the 1960s & 1970s that then led to quite a few others: "It's about Time" ; "the Invaders" ; "Dark Star" ; "Battle Beyond the Stars" ; "Quark" ; "UFO" ; "Space: 1999" etc.
cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Drew1365 wrote:
See, you should get a pile of Geek Gold for even knowing about "Quark,"

. . . but "Battle Beyond the Stars" only proves my point. --> Waste:Land.
Hey! I liked the "Spaced-out Flying Motherly Moose Spaceship"! heh heh! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
Oh, we had SOME "films" or T V 'shows' in the 1960s & 1970s that then led to quite a few others: "It's about Time" ; "the Invaders" ; "Dark Star" ; "Battle Beyond the Stars" ; "Quark" ; "UFO" ; "Space: 1999" etc.
cool

Don't forget "Far Out Space Nuts and "Project: UFO" (although I always thought it was called "Project: Blue Book").
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
cool

Here are a couple more I remember from that era:

Flash Gordon and Black Hole. For some reason, what I remember most about these movies is the sound track.

Flash Gordon had the extra cheesy Queen anthem:

Flash, ahhhhhhhhhh! Saviour of the universe
Flash, ahhhhhhhhhh! He'll save every one of us!

I can't remember the sound track for Black Hole, but it sticks in my mind because I actually owned a vinyl copy of it. No idea why I had it, as I was not really into sound tracks, but I know it had some cool laser sounds mixed in with the music.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

While I admit, SciFi novels(At least the ones I really enjoy, predate the 70's) SciFi in other media rocked in the era.

Enemy Mine! Don't forget Enemy Mine!

*garrggggleeeeee* I spent hours practicing that. Really.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.