4 Posts

Doom: The Boardgame» Forums » General

Subject: How do you breake a weapon? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Timo Schünemann
Germany
flag msg tools
As you can see I'm a bit confused about reading about marines breaking the weapons in session reports all over the place while I fail to see how that can happen. I'm new to the game (played twice so far), but I absolutely don't find a paragraph explaining how and when a weapon breaks in the rulebook (german version but the translators can't be that bad, can they?)so any help would be appreciated.

This is my first post here so I'd like to throw in a "hello all" and thank you for providing very good feedback on many different games which finally convinced me of doom being the right game for me (us) which has been great thus far (expansion already ordered).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's on the first page of the scenario booklet.

When you roll a miss 'X' on Red and/or Yellow die, roll the die again, if it comes 'X' again, weapon breaks.

Oh, and it's used for campaign games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Schünemann
Germany
flag msg tools
Thanks that would explain why I didn't find it. Having read lots of reviews and other threads about the game I figured I wouldn't need the first explanatory page of the scenario booklet as I already knew how to run a scenario. Obviously I was wrong so thanks for clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also note that if you follow setting up the first room of the first scenario as instructed by the rules book, it doesn't show the chainsaw that is supposed to be in the first room, as shown in the scenario book itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.