Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I have recently begun noticing display problems when accessing BGG. Little diamonds with question marks inside, in place of other characters. Like the "e" in Formula De (as displayed on the front page). Or some hyphens. Is there any easy way to fix this? Any idea if it's a site problem or a problem with my computer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately this is a result of Aldie's insistence on monkeying around with "UTF-8", whatever the hell that means. I'm afraid the only possible remediation is to buy three entirely new computers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Easterlin
United States
Saint Peters
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've noticed this as well.

As a side note, for some reason within IE, my new "toaster" avatar is all jacked up. Everything is jagged and the pixels shift around the moving eye. Within Firefox it works perfectly. Any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of All Simians — Not a Mere Diplomat
United States
Wilmington
Select State
flag msg tools
designer
I love you.
badge
I love you.
mb
I had the character encoding issue last week, when João was GotW. It seems better now; I reckoned they got it nailed down... You just started having the issue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I was away from my computer for a few days, and I noticed it when I got back on Monday. I'm not sure if it was a problem last Thursday, before I went on a trip.

As an example, I have the Game Forums set to Recent on my BGG front page. Three of the top five game titles currently have display problems: ESPA�A 1936, M� & Lots More, Formula D�.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith "Boaty McBoatface" C
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm seeing it as well. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there is probably a plugin that will fix the problem, but I haven't gotten around to doing anything about it yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Orph wrote:
I'm seeing it as well. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there is probably a plugin that will fix the problem, but I haven't gotten around to doing anything about it yet.

I don't need no stinkin' plug in.

Or at least I shouldn't

I just know it's been bugging the crap out of me too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
I'm still working on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.