Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently got Runebound for a gift, and upon seeing the crappy cardboard markers used for currency I decided it just wouldn't do. I realized that I have a ton of plastic poker chips that are of no use to me now that I have "real" poker chips, so I decided to get some gold and silver spraypaint to make some silver and gold pieces out of the otherwise unused chips.

Now I'm looking around for some other things to spraypaint while I'm doing the chips anyways. The best ideas I've had so far include

-The crown marker in Citadels
-The king in El Grande
-Excalibur, the holy grail, and Lancelot's armor in Shadows over Camelot (silver, gold, and silver respectively).

I've also in the past spraypainted the sandbags, hedgehogs, and wire bundles in Memoir '44 as well as the tree trunks of the palm trees in Through the Desert (the trunks and sandbags were a tan colour).

What do you think? The only thing I'm really hesitant about is the king from El Grande. I think that the dark brown wood is a good match for the rest of the components of the game, so I think I'll pass on altering it (though it doesn't seem very kingly at the moment).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried spraypainting a woman in a bikini gold?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a dog down my street that keeps getting out and bothering people...I think he'd look great painted gold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
If you don't have ready access to a woman in a biki, try painting yourself. There's a guy in my city who spray paints himself pure silver then stands around busy streets pretending to be a statue while people pelt him with money. I hear that's his primary income source.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gallardo
United States
El Paso
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A buddy of mine once remarked that the treasure cubes from T&E would look good painted gold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mac
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, Mr.Bond...I expect you to die!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:

Just once, but I got spraypainted with mace in return. I don't know what colour it was since I couldn't see very well...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Magnus the Blue wrote:
A buddy of mine once remarked that the treasure cubes from T&E would look good painted gold.
They do! I've painted mine, and you'll see several other people's gold cubes in the photo section here.

I was going to recommend it, but tatoolo doesn't list T&E in his collection...tatoolo, maybe you should buy it so you can then paint the treasure cubes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
Magnus the Blue wrote:
They do! I've painted mine, and you'll see several other people's gold cubes in the photo section here.

I was going to recommend it, but tatoolo doesn't list T&E in his collection...tatoolo, maybe you should buy it so you can then paint the treasure cubes?

laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Matchen
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if you do, just make sure you don't...you know...

This has been a public service announcement from the National Association for the Prevention of Overuse of Fark Memes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any gold or silver resource cubes, like the ones in Kingsburg and Keythedral, for example, could do with some shiny spraypaint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
We will meet at the Hour of Scampering.
mbmbmbmbmb
The money counters from Phoenicia.

If it's a shiny gold and silver, the coins from Age of Empires III, so they don't look like plastic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Musselman
Canada
Burnaby
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aarontu wrote:
Any gold or silver resource cubes, like the ones in Kingsburg and Keythedral, for example, could do with some shiny spraypaint.

Like the gold cubes in Caylus, maybe. I here the deluxe edition cubes are shiny. Why miss out on the fun with the standard edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Bond
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MeGrimlockKing wrote:
No, Mr.Bond...I expect you to die!

I am so hurt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gray
United States
Watertown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tatoolo wrote:
I realized that I have a ton of plastic poker chips that are of no use to me now that I have "real" poker chips, so I decided to get some gold and silver spraypaint to make some silver and gold pieces out of the otherwise unused chips.

How have your painted chips held up? I have some cheap plastic chips that I plan to paint in various colors to make Decktet chips. I'm not looking for anything professional looking (they're just cheap plastic chips to start with, after all), but more just want to make sure that paint will actually adhere to them, etc. Any tips appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The chips still look fine but there is the issue of having a little bit rub off during use. Not the the point where the paint flakes off in chunks, but sometimes a little bit of sparkly residue on peoples' hands if the chips are handled a lot. If that bothers you, I'm sure you could seal it with some clear something-or-other.

For Decktet tokens, I bought a big tub of centimeter cubes in ten different colours for use with various games. After taking the cubes I needed for various games, I sold about 800 to other local gamers which basically covered the cost of the purchase and I still have some cubes left over for any future use. Pretty good price!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.