Popular Tags: [View All]
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'm not the least bit interested in whether or not the folks who GeekMod liked my session report for Tzaar, but since I went to all the trouble to write one, here it is, where it probably always belonged. In Chit Chat, home of "who gives a damn?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------

In which Alfred and Cranky determine whom is better at Tzaar

There are relatively few games in the GIPF series that I feel confident of my chances to win, and Tzaar is the newest entry on that list, taking a position next to Zertz, the only previous entry.

Alfred brought his copy of the game to my house a couple of weeks ago, and while the massive crushing victories are still somewhere on my stack, I will describe them:

Game 1. Beginner's setup. Alfred moves first (or possibly second). Many pieces get moved around on the board. I win.

Game 2. Beginner's setup. I move first (possibly second.) This time, Alfred is ready for me. I win again.

Game 3. I don't recall if there was a game 3, but we can be almost certain that if there was, I won it. This might be the one that Alfred had to tell me I was about to win in order for me to look hard enough and see that in my final move I could capture both of his remaining "middle frequency" pieces. Or that might have been Game 2, in which case this game is an imaginary one.

Game 4. I am absolutely certain that Alfred had less interest in a game 4 than did I, and being a good host, I agreed to a truce.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

My personal favorite modder comment, of those reported back to me: "Dude!" I am actually glad it was declined, due to the inaccuracy of my reporting. Alfred and I actually used a completely random distribution of the pieces on the board, which is not the beginner's setup, if I correctly recall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else wondering if game 5 had something to do with "man love"?

I'm not sure what all the foreplay was about in games 1-4 though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
...I'm not sure what all the foreplay was about in games 1-4 though.

It was just the lead-in for this, of course! Cranky, what I want to know is which one of you was supposed to be the girl in that report? kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This isn't Brazil, ladies. Alfred and I maintain a very chaste relationship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've discovered if you put photos in your session reports you can skimp on the game details.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/310429
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Scribbler, that's good scoop, as they say. May I call you Scribbler? Scribidinus always sounds so cthulu, and Scrib just sounds like a venereal disease. Scribbler doesn't sound very bad to me...sort of raffish and ineffable. Other things with a double 'f', too.

Anyway, I'll go add a picture to my session report above, and see if it helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
.... and see if it helps!

It didn't hurt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.