Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dvonn Yinsh
Canada
Etobicoke
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We played our first game tonight. To my understanding, non-asterisked events that occur are not removed from the game. That means that they may appear three times. It seemed strange that during the late war rounds, early war events were happening for a third time. Is this the way it's suppose to be? Or did we misunderstood some rule?

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
candoo wrote:
We played our first game tonight. To my understanding, non-asterisked events that occur are not removed from the game. That means that they may appear three times. It seemed strange that during the late war rounds, ear war events were happening for a third time. Is this the way it's suppose to be? Or did we misunderstood some rule?

Thanks in advance.

That's right. If you check the card descriptions, you'll find that some events even though they started in the early war, kept on happening. The Olympic Games is a good example of this... every four years, throughout the Early, Mid and Late Wars.

I think it's possible for an Early War event (like Europe Scoring) to come up 4 times in all if enough events are removed from play. Possibly five if you really burn through the deck.

In Turn 1 you have the initial deck
In Turn 3, the deck runs out and it gets reshuffled.
In Turn 4, the Mid War cards are added; the discards are not reshuffled in.
In about Turns 6-7, you probably need to shuffle again.
In Turn 8, the Late War cards come in.
In Turn 10, you might need to reshuffle.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Non-Starred events are events that kept happening.

Actually a event can happen even more often than that if it gets picked up by SALT negotiations or played by Star Wars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.