United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sunday of this past week, the editor of the Oxford Eagle contacted me (http://www.oxfordeagle.com) It's the local paper in the city.

I had posted our monthly public gatherings on the Oxford Community Calendar about 8-10 months ago. Of course, nobody had really noticed.

Anyway. He had noticed our meeting on there and asked me a few questions about it. I answered the questions and he asked me for a couple pictures, which I also sent. He said keep an eye out in the next edition of the Oxford Town. (A small insert type paper which details what's coming up during the weekend which gets published every Thursday) It's given away for free at most business establishments in Oxford Every week.

Alyssa (who strangely enough came to one of the Ole Miss gaming sessions like a year ago) wrote the article. She took a few of my details from the original emails out of context. But still the article is quite good. Perhaps we'll pick up another member or two from it.

Thought you guys might want to know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
Good job! I'd be interested in what was taken out of context, since there doesn't appear to be anything that portrays the group or the hobby negatively.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Today, we're all Spaniards!
Good job promoting the hobby!

Kudos!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
Good job! I'd be interested in what was taken out of context, since there doesn't appear to be anything that portrays the group or the hobby negatively.

Nothing major. Trivial details about me starting Euro's and the history of the club.

And the fact that we have 400 games. I said, I probably have about 250 and Kevin probably has about 150.

Of course, there's quite a bit of overlap in our collection. So the 400 number of distinct games is way off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
SybotCB wrote:
...the fact that we have 400 games. I said, I probably have about 250 and Kevin probably has about 150.

Of course, there's quite a bit of overlap in our collection. So the 400 number of distinct games is way off...

Then you better start buying! Wouldn't want it to be a mis advertisement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Reed
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guantanamo wrote:
SybotCB wrote:
...the fact that we have 400 games. I said, I probably have about 250 and Kevin probably has about 150.
Of course, there's quite a bit of overlap in our collection. So the 400 number of distinct games is way off...

Then you better start buying! Wouldn't want it to be a mis advertisement.

Well, technically it doesn't say 400 different games in the article, so...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats on the article. It wasn't quite the type of exposure I was picturing and that's a relief!

Maus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.