Popular Tags: [View All]
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Want to stir things up or simplify things?

In a 2 player game, Allow your opponent to undertake 2 AP actions during your turn, instead of only 1.

In a 4 player game, 5,6,7, etc, Only allow your opponents together in total to play 2 AP actions during your turn. Or 3 AP Actions.

There you go! Voila! Easy as pie. Livens up 2 player game. Lets you survive longer in 4orMore player games without being stomped by AP actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Valerio
Portugal
Aveiro
flag msg tools
www.rededejogos.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That may not be such a bad idea since in some parts of a 4 player game we find ourselves doing a lot of AP Actions and not enough of our own pirate action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AEXTENS GAMES
France
Rennes
flag msg tools
My personal House Rule dealing with number of AP actions:

If the Active Player decides to play 1 action, opponents will be allowed together in total to play 1 AP action.
If he decides to play 2 actions, opponents will be allowed together in total to play 2 AP action.
If he decides to play 3 actions, opponents will be allowed together in total to play 3 AP action.

I've found that this house rule makes the game perfectly balanced...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bendan29 wrote:
My personal House Rule dealing with number of AP actions:

If the Active Player decides to play 1 action, opponents will be allowed together in total to play 1 AP action.
If he decides to play 2 actions, opponents will be allowed together in total to play 2 AP action.
If he decides to play 3 actions, opponents will be allowed together in total to play 3 AP action.

I've found that this house rule makes the game perfectly balanced...

Interesting! Hmmmmmmmmm!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ollie Blacklock
United Kingdom
Lymington
Hants
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Duglis wrote:

In a 4 player game, 5,6,7, etc, Only allow your opponents together in total to play 2 AP actions during your turn. Or 3 AP Actions.

How do you deal with 5 players all wanting to play an AP action? First to shout? First to cry?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Chavez
Mexico
Monterrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HarryFlashmanKBE wrote:
Duglis wrote:

How do you deal with 5 players all wanting to play an AP action? First to shout? First to cry?

Well, it's a pirate game, so that would be last one standing. Aaarrrr...arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Mosier
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Duglis wrote:

In a 2 player game, Allow your opponent to undertake 2 AP actions during your turn, instead of only 1.

I totally agree with this one. I played this game with my buddy the other day and found myself with cards that aren't that useful when I am the only person who can play an AP action. I had a card that said roughly, "When a warship is played, upgrade it to a KC." There was no way I could convert one of my own warships as the warship itself was the AP and I certainly wouldn't play it when a warship was played against me! I had another card that would cause a duel when my opponent's morale dropped, yet 99% of the time, the only way to cause his morale to drop was with an AP event. By doing two AP actions, I could actually use these cards for modifiers as intended.

Of course, there is always the chance that we were doing it wrong, so please point it out to me if we were. (this was our first and only play)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought playing the KC Suprise card was part of the same warship card AP action if done by the same player

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Doum
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
voynix wrote:
I thought playing the KC Suprise card was part of the same warship card AP action if done by the same player

Yes. This is an exception noted in the description of the KC Suprise card on page 20 of the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Mosier
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, crud. I could have nailed him. As it was, that was our first play ever and I already had my fingers bookmarking five different pages the whole game LOL. That one slipped by me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.