Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
While the recent deaths of some well famous people have been frequent, I remembered an interesting idea, a Death Pool.

Basically what a Death Pool is, is you give a $ amount into a pool and pick a "famous person" and then the next "famous person" who dies, if someone picked them, they get the money.

Poll: Should DKahnt start a Death Pool?
After the pool closes on June 1st, if there are enough people who agree to be in it, then there will be one. If, however, the majority is on the "no" side... then there won't be one. Rules to follow.

-DK
Is a Death Pool Kosher on BGG?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
... that's just wrong... no way!
41.9% 13
Hmm, it might be fun, but no thank you.
22.6% 7
I'm already commited to one at work, no thanks.
16.1% 5
Sure... I'm always up for competition.
3.2% 1
Death Pool? Of course!
16.1% 5
Voters 31
This poll is now closed.   31 answers
Poll created by DKahnt
Closes: Sun Jun 1, 2008 6:00 am

Yes, I know its a bit on the morbid side, but its up to the BGG masses to decide whether we do it or not. So vote.

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nasty McHaggis
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
I'm pouring all of my points in sarcasm.
badge
Box next to hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I'm just in a weird mood today, but this seems to be in poor taste despite my penchant for sick humor and for some reason I feel like posting my opinion.

Carry on!

EDITED: Corrected grammatical idiocy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
Being a Lions fan is a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
What about starting a life pool, Dave. Everyone picks an actress (who is not currently pregnant) and the first one to have a baby is the winner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Ben's idea a bit better, just from the standpoint that the first idea is going to make people much angrier if you correctly bet on people for whom they have any form of reverence or affection. We could combine the two for maximum poor form and bet on the first famous person to have a miscarriage or an abortion, but we probably should not....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I think that this is a good idea!... "for ME to have 'PEED' upon!" surprise
"I was 'in' the 'DEATH' 'pool'!... and I had to 'GO'!"
blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if you want to be mamby pamby about it, why not just set up a pool to predict who will first appear on the cover of the National Enquirer after, say, September 30? So inoffensive. And so uninteresting.

Of course, my most recent experience with a Death Pool was when we were supposed to predict three famous people who'd die between two dates in 2007. I filled in Kurt Vonnegut, but he died before the commencement date. It ain't right, I tell you.

Anyway, if it doesn't fly here, I guess we could go to stiffs.com. That site does still exist, doesn't it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
the difference between a "crowd" and a "mob" is one push
mbmbmbmbmb
I got dibs on Courtney Love. (And a Bushnell scope ...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of All Simians — Not a Mere Diplomat
United States
Wilmington
Select State
flag msg tools
designer
I love you.
badge
I love you.
mb
MisterCranky wrote:
We could combine the two for maximum poor form and bet on the first famous person to have a miscarriage or an abortion, but we probably should not....

What's grosser than a pool full of dead babies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.