Heroes:
Trenloe the Strong
One Fist
Mad Carthos
Grey Kerr

Week 9 Continued
Caverns of Thuul
Doom and Hordes of Things in play

…..The heroes move into the final level of the Caverns of Thuul and set up facing some razorwings and 2 horded beastmen. Mad Carthos strides forth and blasts 1 razorwing and beastman, incinerating the former and severely wounding the latter. His 2nd attack turns into a puff of smoke. Then Trenloe moves in, swipes at the beastman and kills the air. One Fist runs up and renders the beastman dead with his hook. Ker makes an attack on the other beastman, holding it in place with Web while it bleed profusely. The OL rebuts with a beastman war party upstairs that manages to take out both One Fist and greatly damage Carthos. Mad Carthos tries to back out but falls into a pit and dies before he can blink, Trenloe comes back and takes out the master beastman. One Fist returns from the cloners and takes out the final beastman. A trio of skeletons appears but their arrows break on Trenloe’s armor. The razorwings tickle One Fist. Mad Carthos pops back in and one again wreaks havoc on the air. Trenloe takes out the master skeleton who doesn’t regenerate. One Fist takes down the razorwing, clearing out the area.

Our brave heroes choose to take the middle staircase area and pop down the stairs, pinging at the manticore until it dies without even making an attack. They come down in full strength and try some looong range attacks on the minions. A Beastman War Party appears and they set up waiting for the heroes to come to them…..

Mad Carthos moves up gets crushed and once again whiffs! The others come down and minions start dying and it looks like the party would be able to take out everything else fairly easily next round so the last of the beastmen tries to suicide on Grey Ker. Trenloe hits the gemstone catch and Ralph the Gemstone Dragon appears! Ralph MISSES his attack on One Fist. Mad battles the Dragon and does some damage… both to the dragon AND to One Fist hahahahahahh! One Fist Puts some more Bleed tokens on Ralph. Trenloe battles and does minimal damage and then cowers in fear. Ker plinks an arrow off his scales. Ralph remains webbed but turns One Fist into orc bacon. Alas, the heroes then obliterate the dragon and clean up the room, debating whether or not to continue. They head back to the stairs and a Lone Troll looms before them. Too vad the heroes kill it before it has a chance to kill them. Some master ferrox join the party and manage to do some damage but alas not enough. The current CT count is 203! The party wants to contemplate their options and we break for the night. So far OL 23 H 9 for just this last level….

Session 10: Caverns of Thuul Con’t

Having cleaned out area 3, the heroes move back into the main area only to be confronted by a pair of Ferrox! One Fist has already gone ahead into area 1 and is facing a master razorwing with flock along with a pair of beastmen. The Ferrox don’t do much at all and are quickly killed off. A pair of Dark Priests end up attacking One Fist along with a pair of razowrings. Nothings lasts as the heroes mow down everything. It takes them a couple of turns to kill Ralph a second time and he only manages to take out Grey Ker before melting away again. The heroes take turns going to town and healing while keeping LOS and resting in the dungeon. They move in after some beastmen spawn and One Fist takes some damage in the upper level and flees to Area 2. More beastmen spawn down in the back of the new area and the next turn a Lone Troll shows up and once again doesn’t managed to attack before he dies. The heroes set up in 4 corners then activate the gems: handily take Ralph down for the final time. The heroes choose to remain at the Caverns of Thuul Map Area.

OL 7 H 10

Week 10
Time passes and the campaign has entered Silver Level! I eagerly upgrade my Humanoid brethren to Gold, Merric continues to siege Vynelvale, Eliza begins her siege of Tamalir with Kratz joining her. Alric moves up to Riverwatch
Those pesky heroes move to Nerekhall and shop for some shiny silver treasure and get the Sythe of Reaping, the Drain Life Rune while others heal.

Week 11
Stupid Merrick fails to raze Vynelvale. I advance my plot and with Fear and Mistrust raze Forge to the ground. Merrick stays put hoping to succeed soon. Kratz moves to Dawnsmoor. Alric to Tamalir. Eliza continues her siege of Tamalir.
Heroes stay in Nerekhall and pick up Dragons Breath Rune and Staff of the Wimps, while Mad and Grey add two black dice. One Fist trains in Necromancy and they plan to head back to Tamalir to relieve the siege.

Week 12
Stupid Merrick fails me again! Eliza and Alric add 2 continue to siege Tamalir, and I enable my faithful lieutenants the ability to add a third monster treachery in the upcoming encounters…
The heroes move from Nerekhall to Tamalir using their Staff of the Wimps without incident and we call it for the night mid-turn….

OL 126 Heroes 102

The Heroes really don’t think they gained much ground in the Legendary Area, though the money gained enabled them to get some SWEET stuff. I think they'll be able to walk all over my LTs....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Buel
United States
Hollywood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oboewan wrote:
Staff of the Wimps

Foolish "heroes"!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Consky
msg tools
Oboewan wrote:

Stupid Merrick fails to raze Vynelvale. I advance my plot and with Fear and Mistrust raze Forge to the ground. Merrick stays put hoping to succeed soon.

I'm playing the Beastman Lord with the Shackles plot, too. I must have the luck you're not having. Each of my attempts have razed cities in the first turn. Are you rolling your two power dice and missing on both?

Also, the way I see it, since there's no winning condition to the plot, the plot cards are the same as any other OL upgrade. The timing on playing the city-razing cards is best played, I think, as soon as the heroes land in any one of those locations. Forge got razed for my heroes, too. They landed in Forge, assumedly to buy one of the skills, when suddenly the shop closed for good. I get why it's better to play it sooner, but there are other things I think that are more useful than the shackles plot cards.

Oh. And get ready to love your Kobolds after you get the gold humanoid upgrade. The heroes are about to attack my Merrick who's sieging the city with Prodigy. With my three treachery I'm going to get the Kobold treachery card (6 white, 3 red), the two regular Kobold cards (total 8 white, 4 red) and the two regular Beastmen cards (total 4 white, 2 red) for an overall total of 27 minions all rolling at least a green and red die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.