Michael Sosa
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
I will break him.
mbmbmbmbmb
Every time I finish a game of War of the Ring, whether it lasts 3 hours or 6, win or lose, I'm always left with a feeling of satisfaction. I feel tired, as if I went through an epic struggle and came up victorious or short, and usually with ideas for my next game! I am surprised that this game, with a few annoyances like the smaller cards and type, still is a 10 for me after so many plays. It truly is a classic!

So, what are the designers up to? Working on the deluxe edition? What about other topics on the Middle Earth universe? Also, it occurred to me that a game of this type covering the Star Wars universe would also be excellent. I don't know any that exist.Queen's Gambit only covers the first movie correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They designed Marvel Heroes...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sosa
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
I will break him.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, haven't tried that yet but I'm not into superheroes. Some have suggested a similarity to ME:CCG, which does intrigue me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They're working on Age of Conan: The Strategy Board Game, which definitely has me excited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the designers also recently created (or are still working on?) Age of Conan: The Strategy Board Game.

With the success of WotR, I imagine they will be employed designing for some time to come.

Edit: Sphere beat me to the punch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Rasmussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Age of Conan sounds awesome. It will also use action dice as War of the ring but this time it will be a shared pool of action dice that the players will take one die from at a time which creates whole new tactical decisions.

Can not wait. And it will be a giga box game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sosa
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
I will break him.
mbmbmbmbmb
I had heard of this Age of Conan before, somewhere, but forgot about it. Now I'm excited!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Richbourg
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
This is Kyoshi, our adopted Shiba Inu.
mbmbmbmbmb
Age of Conan, baby! It's the only game on my 'must buy' list right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Sekela
United States
Camp Lejeune
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Belisarius88 -

Middle-Earth Quest may hopefully be coming out late this year/next year. Should be cool. Sounds like a hybrid of Middle-Earth CCG and Runebound.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Shaw
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if you want a War game set in the Star Wars universe, you might try Star Wars Risk (Original Trilogy).

Yes, it's Risk, but it's Risk with more than a Twist, and one that is pretty cool at that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sosa
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
I will break him.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bah, that's a kids game! I have it.... blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Sekela
United States
Camp Lejeune
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe Star Wars: Episode I – Jar Jar Binks 3-D Adventure Game is the epic Star Wars game you've been looking for...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sosa
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
I will break him.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ohh god, I think I'm gonna be sick... gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mitchell
South Africa
Springs
guateng
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A non-risk & non-child based epic star wars board game is way overdue...
Regards,
Mike.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pippin the Bold
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
Interesting that Battles of the Third Age says it is the first expansion for War of the Ring. Does this mean that there could be more expansions to come for this brilliant game? I sure hope so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Johnson
United States
Chester
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Peter Tennant wrote:
Interesting that Battles of the Third Age says it is the first expansion for War of the Ring. Does this mean that there could be more expansions to come for this brilliant game? I sure hope so.

The sales of WotR seem to be doing well, with reprints and all. So that would indicate support for another expansion. But I'm not sure that BotTA is doing all that well.

I wonder how much could be added to the game beyond the existing expansion? I can't think of anything really significant in the books that isn't in the game now, other than the events from the Shire to Rivendell. Some Black Riders on horseback would be pretty cool in the Hunt for the Ring...

I also doubt a second expansion considering that they are supposedly working on a collector's edition for the base game now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sosa
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
I will break him.
mbmbmbmbmb
Battles of the Second Age would be nice! Featuring Elves and Men fighting Sauron and his One Ring, along with a powerful Witch King in Angmar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Johnson
United States
Chester
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooooh... That would be nasty. But I doubt they'll do it.

Plus, Tolkien purists might get upset because a lot of the place names on the map were different in the Second Age.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.