Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mattwran
United States
LONGMEADOW
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got the game in and was hoping to iron out a couple issues. Twice (p. 13 and p. 16) the rules refer to there being four mercenary troops per neutral territory. The counter-mix, however, appears to only contain 10 mercenary counters, two per neutral territory. Now I could use the mercenaries on the extra counter sheet provided by MMP in order to get up to 4 per territory, but the sheet accompanying the extra counters explicitly said not to include the 10 extra mercenaries. So is the 'four' on these two pages a typo? Should it read '2'?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Daves
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed that last night. Based off a single play using 2, my feeling is 4 would be overkill. Hopefully Adam will chip in with an official answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lucey
United States
Ellington
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not received my game yet but I did help out with the rules. I assume there are 2 of each of the 5 neutral area mercinary counters and one side has one point and the 2nd side has 2 points. The rule states a maximum of 4 troops (points) in an area. So each area would get its 2 units flipped to the 2 point side giving you the 4 total points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Daves
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, the merc counters are "1"s on both sides.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lucey
United States
Ellington
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That was either a late change or a mistake then because I saw counters with 2's on the back. We'll have to wait for Adam to answer this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Should only be 2 mercenaries per neutral place in the game. They have "1"s on the backs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Troutman
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
I am called Huginn..., or is it Muninn..., I forget...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yikes! After re-reading the rules I added the extra mercs. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a collected 'errata' for stuff like this? The rules and the player aid both say "4" mercs per area-- I hate it when player aid cards are wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Is there a collected 'errata' for stuff like this?

There is a helpful FAQ in the file section for the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.