Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Whitmore
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am highly agitated! Today I received a newsletter from Troll & Toad. In that giant collection they recently bought, they have an original TACTICS game from 1952. Man oh man - this is the game that started it all!

I am writing everyone I can think of about this. This very first published wargame is super-rare. I've never even seen a photograph of the boxtop. I have written Troll & Toad, asking that they provide a photograph of this historically important game to BGG.

I encourage all wargamers to send Troll & Toad a request that they send a photograph of this game to BGG. We may never handle or own such a rare game. But it sure would be great to have a photograph of it in the public record!

I wrote them at sales@trollandtoad.com

Come on boys! Lets make it clear we want a photo of TACTICS!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That picture would cost $200 though so...

(couldn't resist the obvious)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cosgrave
Ireland
Cork
flag msg tools

Mine has a 1958 copyright on the board and a 1961 date on the reference booklet - I wonder what changes if any were made in the various versions and why they were made. I feel a burst of insanely trivial research coming on!

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Whitmore
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mission Accomplished! Troll & Toad e-mailed me a photo this morning. I have uploaded it and it may now be viewed by any who are interested.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/339119

A big shout of thanks to Troll & Toad for providing this image!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Whitmore
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aargh!!!! As you can read below the picture has been declined. I've uploaded it to my "gallery". Here is the link:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/339120

Subject: User Image Submission Declined

We're sorry that we couldn't use the recent image that you uploaded to BGG related to '', and it is removed it from the system.

Reasons:
Reason: The image was too blurry.

Comments (optional):

Sincerely,
BGG Community

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.