Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raúl Lopezosa
Spain
Almendralejo
Badajoz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anybody have problems with 'BoardGameGeek Web Widget'?

I edit my BoardGameGeek Web Widget on my preferences, and I put the code genereted on my web (http://www.csibadajoz.org/ranking.php?np=1&jugador=6) and this works for 1 day, but at next day, the BoardGameGeek Web Widget doesn't work... This has been happen all the last week.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Malme
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the widget to display games played on my game group's website.

For the past two days it has not been displaying.

Normally when this happens, it is usually because BGG is down, and this also causes the web page the widget is displayed in to "hang" a little until it determines that the BGG site is unavailable.

However, in the current case, BGG is up, and the widget isn't hanging, but simply not displaying anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
Was a problem with the recent UTF8 conversion. I just fixed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Malme
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

I've been meaning to play with the widget sometime, possibly adding some local alternate javascript, if possible, for when BGG is not available.

It's not the lack of the widget content when BGG is not available that is the problem - it is that it tends to cause my page (containing the widget) to hang when the widget is not available.

Not a complaint - any website is going to have downtime - but it is irritating when it happens, and my own users tell me my website is hanging (which is how it appears to them).

If I can find an easy solution, I'll let folk know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raúl Lopezosa
Spain
Almendralejo
Badajoz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes, the small images are close one to each other, and sometimes there is a small blank space between then. How can I configure that?

The link at 'powered by BoardGameGeek' open BGG in same window or tab. Can you make BGG will open in a new 'tab' or 'window'?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.