Popular Tags: [View All]
Stven Carlberg
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe the questions aren't easy, but the answers are easy.

1. What 1983 comedy starred Rodney Dangerfield as a man trying to collect an inheritance?

A. It Ain't Easy
B. Easy Money
C. The Bachelor
D. Easy Breezy

2, The title of this movie was supposedly a nickname for the city of New Orleans, although nobody had ever heard of it before 1987, when Dennis Quaid played a cop surrounded by corruption and miserably inept Cajun accents!

A. The Crescent City
B. Lou Easy Anna
C. Easy Town
D. The Big Easy

3. New Orleans has been in the movies before, of course. In this one, Peter Fonda and Dennis Hopper motorcycle across some beautiful American scenery for a chance to spend their ill-gotten cash.

A. Two-Lane Blacktop
B. Easy Rider
C. Easy Wheels
D. Easy to be Free

4. Esther Williams starred with Van Johnson and Lucille Ball in this 1946 remake of 1936's LIBELED LADY.

A. Easy to Wed
B. Three Easy Steps
C. Bridesmaids Are Easy
D. Slippery When Wed

5. Julie Brown hit the high point of her career with this 1989 romp involving a UFO landing in a backyard swimming pool and Julie's endearing song "I Like 'Em Big and Stupid."

A. Easy Glider
B. Rocket Ship XK-EZ
C. Earth Girls Are Easy
D. Beam Me Up, Schatzkie

6. Three friends find a pile of money, but as usual when there's a lot of money around, they're not the only ones interested. Justin Charles and Jamar Welch star in this 2007 flick.

A, Take It Easy... But Take It
B. Nobody's Child
C. Easy Does It
D. Be Easy

7. Elvis Presley made a ton of movies. In this 1967 entry, he plays a Navy frogman doing some treasure-hunting.

A. Treasure Chest Bingo
B. Easy Come, Easy Go
C. Easy in Acapulco
D. Breathe Easy

8. In the era of screwball comedies, a Preston Sturges script was a pretty good guarantee of success. (THE LADY EVE and SULLIVAN'S TRAVELS came to us from his hand.) Made in 1937, this one starred Ray Milland and Jean Arthur.

A. Speakeasy
B. The Missing Mink
C. Easy to be Hard
D. Easy Living

9. Jack Nicholson's second Oscar-nominated performance was in this moody 1970 study of a classically trained pianist who can't stomach the idea of following in the family footsteps.

A. Five Easy Pieces
B. The Easy Winners
C. The Last Detail
D. Easy for You to Say

10. Marguerite Moreau stars in this 2003 romantic comedy directed by Jane Weinstock.

A. Si Jeunesse Savait
B. Istanbul Not Constantinople
C. The Harder They Come
D. Easy

Hope somebody finds it some fun!

Cheers,
StvenC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Stven, you're way out of touch with the times. You need to phrase your quizzes here in the form of a poll now.... Better yet, get a Facebook account where easily thirty percent of all activity centers on making and taking thematic quizzes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Smith
United States
Port Arthur
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
I think "B" might be the correct answer for each question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stven Carlberg
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm.... No doubt I should do a Geeklist with each entry being a poll.

I didn't know that about Facebook. That'll give me something to do there if I ever join.

Granted, I am out of touch with the times. It's part of my strategy for maintaining my sanity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Artaxerxes wrote:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
I think "B" might be the correct answer for each question.

That "would" indeed be easy, but incorrect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to show you that no GeekList is necessary, and that I am fond of copy/paste, I give you the infamous poll number 6969. What a magical number!

Poll: Stven's "Easy" Movie Quiz
Maybe the questions aren't easy, but the answers are easy.
1. 1. What 1983 comedy starred Rodney Dangerfield as a man trying to collect an inheritance
It Ain't Easy
Easy Money
The Bachelor
Easy Breezy
2. 2. The title of this movie was supposedly a nickname for the city of New Orleans, although nobody had ever heard of it before 1987, when Dennis Quaid played a cop surrounded by corruption and miserably inept Cajun accents!
The Crescent City
Lou Easy Anna
Easy Town
The Big Easy
3. 3. New Orleans has been in the movies before, of course. In this one, Peter Fonda and Dennis Hopper motorcycle across some beautiful American scenery for a chance to spend their ill-gotten cash.
Two-Lane Blacktop
Easy Rider
Easy Wheels
Easy to be Free
4. 4. Esther Williams starred with Van Johnson and Lucille Ball in this 1946 remake of 1936's LIBELED LADY.
Easy to Wed
Three Easy Steps
Bridesmaids Are Easy
Slippery When Wed
5. 5. Julie Brown hit the high point of her career with this 1989 romp involving a UFO landing in a backyard swimming pool and Julie's endearing song "I Like 'Em Big and Stupid."
Easy Glider
Rocket Ship XK-EZ
Earth Girls Are Easy
Beam Me Up, Schatzkie
6. 6. Three friends find a pile of money, but as usual when there's a lot of money around, they're not the only ones interested. Justin Charles and Jamar Welch star in this 2007 flick.
Take It Easy... But Take It
Nobody's Child
Easy Does It
Be Easy
7. 7. Elvis Presley made a ton of movies. In this 1967 entry, he plays a Navy frogman doing some treasure-hunting.
Treasure Chest Bingo
Easy Come, Easy Go
Easy in Acapulco
Breathe Easy
8. 8. In the era of screwball comedies, a Preston Sturges script was a pretty good guarantee of success. (THE LADY EVE and SULLIVAN'S TRAVELS came to us from his hand.) Made in 1937, this one starred Ray Milland and Jean Arthur.
Speakeasy
The Missing Mink
Easy to be Hard
Easy Living
9. 9. Jack Nicholson's second Oscar-nominated performance was in this moody 1970 study of a classically trained pianist who can't stomach the idea of following in the family footsteps.
Five Easy Pieces
The Easy Winners
The Last Detail
Easy for You to Say
10. 10. Marguerite Moreau stars in this 2003 romantic comedy directed by Jane Weinstock.
Si Jeunesse Savait
Istanbul Not Constantinople
The Harder They Come
Easy
      11 answers
Poll created by MisterCranky

I suppose if I'd realized that polls enumerate automatically I'd have dropped your numbers, not just the letters on the answers....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stven Carlberg
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. How'd you do that? Is there a button somewhere for "Poll"?

Oh, nice Poll #, by the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, during your thread editing you now have a green checkmark option between external image and youtube for polls.

The nice thing is that once you have the number, you can embed the poll all over the place just for hell of it, using the [ poll number ] technology....without spaces I'm sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two Lane Blacktop is the best Road movie ever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
Why did you number your poll in multiples of 1.1? And 10.10 should have been 11.... or is this all some sort of software versioning?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Smith
United States
Port Arthur
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Spielberg's Duel considered a Road movie? I liked that one a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ejmowrer wrote:
Why did you number your poll in multiples of 1.1? And 10.10 should have been 11.... or is this all some sort of software versioning?

That was a test to see who would read the note just beyond the poll itself...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See Stven, now you can look at stats to see just what percentage of BGGers aren't really Esther Williams superfans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
ejmowrer wrote:

That was a test to see who would read the note just beyond the poll itself...

I never did well on tests that required reading something at the end of a largish document that I've already read in its entirety. Besides, I was testing you... to... um... well, it's a secret sort of test and I can't tell you what it is without ruining the test.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.