Subject: Placement of Siege Marker rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Norell
New Zealand
AUCKLAND
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've played this game many times but this situation has only arisen once or twice and I thought it might need official/unofficial clarification.

Rule 13.12 prohibits conducting siege combat in the same turn as regular combat, however, the rules allow, the winner of a battle in a fortress space to place a siege marker. Here are my questions:

1. According to the rules, a losing defender may capture an enemy-controlled city space that he retreats into. If he retreats into a fortress space, could he place a siege marker?

2. An army breaks a siege to attack another space and then loses and is forced to retreat to the original space. Can he replace the siege marker or must he wait till another activation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Herron
United States
Johnson City
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Never play block wargames with a dentist, they have those little mirrors to peek behind the block.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
1. According to the rules, a losing defender may capture an enemy-controlled city space that he retreats into. If he retreats into a fortress space, could he place a siege marker?

2. An army breaks a siege to attack another space and then loses and is forced to retreat to the original space. Can he replace the siege marker or must he wait till another activation?

1. No, the retreating force is not the active player. He would have to wait till it is his turn.

2. No once it is broken the player would have to wait till it is his turn again to start another siege.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Norell
New Zealand
AUCKLAND
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks Steve,
I thought as much, but nice to have an opinion substantiated. Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.