Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: geekmod [+] [View All]
Jeromey Martin
United States
Dallas
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I submitted a picture that was arguably worth qualification by GeekMod and have been finding out, in quantity, that it isn't quite up to snuff. Is there a way to turn off the Decline spam I'm getting, or shall I suffer for my not being quite as diligent as I should have when submitting a new image?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Treacher
United Kingdom
Moorlinch
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it really matter that much? One or two geekmails in your inbox that you can delete in under three seconds isn't all that onerous surely?

Besides, they're not spam. They may well have additional comments on them regarding why the images were declined that could be helpful for future submissions (or at least you'll see under what category/s they were declined). I always read the comments on the odd occasion that I get an image declined - granted, I often won't actually agree with them, but that's not the point! I'm always willing to listen to someone else's opinion; criticism (hopefully constructive) is always when it's actually been thought through. Even though I'm a professional photographer I'm always willing to listen and learn...!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard S
United States
Rensselaer
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading this thread makes me think there is a, hopefully temporary, error in the geekmod system.

So, read one copy of the message and delete the other copies until it gets resolved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gwen
Belgium
oost-vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Yes, the declined images are stuck in the queue for the time being. They keep getting declined over and over again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeromey Martin
United States
Dallas
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Prodromoi wrote:
Does it really matter that much? One or two geekmails in your inbox that you can delete in under three seconds isn't all that onerous surely?

If it were one or two geekmails in my inbox, I'd be inclined to agree with you. As of this writing, though, I've gone from zero mails in my in-box to having 487 and growing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katie Hill
United States
Ada
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You submitted 500 pictures!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Treacher
United Kingdom
Moorlinch
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
handofachlys wrote:
You submitted 500 pictures!?

I rather doubt it...

It just looks like the modding is a bit buggy at the moment. It'll get sorted, and hopefully the OP will stop getting the message for the same declined image over and over...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Korneliussen
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
The modding is definitively off the rockers. I hope no one keeps their pension savings in geekgold, because this bug will cause either insane inflation or a mess, or both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Prodromoi wrote:
Try telling that to those of us who get over 60 spam messages a day in our regular email inboxes. Multiply that however long you're using that email account

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.