California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I found this game at a local game con flea market last weekend. Been eyeing it for awhile on BGG. Was surprised when I saw it so asked the woman behind the table what she wanted for it. Expected $50+ and was shocked when she said $10! She said it was complete but didn't even look in the box, bought it right away. Glad I did too since the guy behind me wanted it. It was missing one green player control marker but there was a spare blank marker so created a new one. What luck!

So anyway, want to get this to the table soon. There's many advanced and optional rules and was curious what people recommend. Was thinking of the advanced rules without the leader powers since people have commented they are unbalanced. What about all the optional rules? And noticed a suggestion to keep the transports at 4 movement.

Would like to hear thoughts for our first game. It will be a 4 player game and all of us are experienced gamers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Just start OFF with the "Basic" version then, until you get familiarized with that ALL, before commencing to "tackle" the more advanced RULES. Have plenty of fun with that also.
cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The leaders are interesting but pretty unbalanced, so if you're playing competitively I wouldn't add the leader rules. Other than that, just have at it. Fun game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The basic game is fun enough. When you get tired of that, add the other stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all for the comments. It's strange the leaders are so unbalanced and that didn't show up in playtesting. I'm not sure how you normally would pick them but if its just random that seems harsh. Maybe a draft system work work better. Maybe they felt since each player only gets one hero that the special ability wouldn't come up enough to matter over the full game.

I like the concept of the leaders since it gives each side some flavor. Maybe if each leader could only use the power every other turn. So if you use the power you flip a marker that gets unflipped the next turn.

Anyway, I hope the game is as fun as the rules seem to indicate. I love the design and the solar system rotation is very original.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peet Smith
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It actually seems like only the basic game was actually playtested. The advanced rules and optional rules are in many cases poorly thought out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.