Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Airships» Forums » Rules

Subject: Abbreviation----Pkt.----what does it mean? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Sikes
United States
Easley
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
page 4 of the English rules say;

He may use the wooden airship +1 Pkt.

I think it means "point" but since the rules in other places spell out the word "point", I was not really sure.

Any thoughts?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Fardog wrote:
page 4 of the English rules say;

He may use the wooden airship +1 Pkt.

I think it means "point" but since the rules in other places spell out the word "point", I was not really sure.

Any thoughts?

It's a leftover from the German "Punkt," which means -- you guessed it -- "point."

I see more and more German leftovers in English rules these days. Proofreading isn't as tight as it used to be, I guess.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Tritone

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By chance, does the game have any Parakeets in it?

------

Now you see... timing is everything. This would have been much funnier had it appeared before FKL's reply, which wasn't there when I clicked Submit, your Honor.

10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor S
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
I don't know the game but "pkt." is an abbreviation of the word "Punkt" in German, which translates to "point" in English.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sikes
United States
Easley
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
That's gotta be it. Thanks shake
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert R
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
In case the posts above weren't clear enough, pkt means point.


4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
r3gamer wrote:
In case the posts above weren't clear enough, pkt means point.




I thought it meant parakeet...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisnd wrote:
r3gamer wrote:
In case the posts above weren't clear enough, pkt means point.




I thought it meant parakeet...

Then you're missing the point.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
game_boy wrote:
chrisnd wrote:
r3gamer wrote:
In case the posts above weren't clear enough, pkt means point.




I thought it meant parakeet...

Then you're missing the point.


No, no, no... he's missing the punkt.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Does he have to punkt? It's not 4th down yet!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I see more and more German leftovers in English rules these days. Proofreading isn't as tight as it used to be, I guess.


Well, a lot of companies will tell you-- if you offer to proof-- that they have PLENTY of help there. And yes, a lot of stuff keeps slipping through.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.