1 Posts

Igel Ärgern» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Brown
United States
flag msg tools
My first game of Igel Argern, the hedgehog preservation utility/game by Doris and Frank Matthaus.
I love Doris and Frank, they've given me plenty of quality hedgehog hours with their other games, but this has to be the prickliest of them all.
I quickly learned that hedgehogs have tough feet, as all kinds of hogs piled on top of mine from the get-go. Once my hogs finally got free they scrambled as quickly as possible to the edges of the board, hoping for clear sailing to the pine needle treats I promised them at the other end. But it was not to be - the other hogs' owners had upped the ante with honey-flavored termites promised to their pets, and everyone crowded the edges seeking a fast way to the treats.
A few gambles on my part paid off, successfully avoiding the pit in the 6th row at the very last second - I had spent a long time pre-match agility-training my hogs and was confident they could navigate the course. But one hog got distracted by a cute-looking purple female next to him and tripped into an open pit near the end of the course, and got distracted by the other girl who fell down with him.
Finally near the end I was but one move away from securing the match. I was cheering Franz on, hoping against hope he would not succumb to the temptations of nap-time - Franz is a larger hog, quite fit, but easily tired. Sadly, he couldn't make it, had a very pleasant nap, and awoke to find himself in the doghouse. Bad, Franz, bad! But I can't stay mad at my hogs for long.

I quite enjoyed my little hedgehog race. I'm looking forward to trying a variant or two that I've read about. My hogs are quite intelligent and should pick up any peculiarities very quickly. Hopefully they won't get so lured toward the edges next time around, and use some of the open lanes I kept seeing others utilize so well.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.