Mark Mokszycki
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am new to the game and some questions popped up during my reading of the rules. I have the errata. I apologize if the answers are in the rules or errata somewhere- it's entirely possible I'm overlooking them.

1. Is there a fog of war for how many SPs are in a particular leader's army? In other words, are the HQ cards supposed to be visible to all players?

2. Can a Staff Officer still lead his own forces to an Army Group without causing it to activate as 2 armies? For example: Wellington leads 8 SPs plus Hill (as staff officer) and Hill has his max of 4 SPs under him. Can all activate and move at a cost of 1 CP per duchy? Our assumption is YES, so long as both armies are the same nationality.

3. Section 10.10 makes reference to intercepting flag placement, but nothing in 10.1 says you can do this. What's up with intercepting flag placement, and how does it work?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
1. No. The Headquarters card is a convenience, not a limited intelligence mechanism.

2. No. An Army consists of leaders *and* soldiers up to the commander's span; Wellington can takes SPs and leaders up to and including 9. For Wellington & Hill to move more than 8 SPs would require an Army Group.

3. The flag is intercepted as if it were a force, i.e. the intercepting Army must roll a modified 9 or greater. Note that 10.10 refers to Events, as using CPs to place a Flag in a space which can be intercepted is prohibited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mokszycki
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.