Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed Browne
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've never encountered this specific issue. I don't know about any specific ruling, but I think you could do one of two things:

1. Don't allow the foreman deck to be reshuffled until the reshuffle card comes up in the contract deck. Someone would either have to pay 1 for the top discard or the higher amount for "looking through the deck" to get who they want. This is what we would probably do if it came up in our game.

2. Reshuffle the foreman deck and leave no "old discard" just as you do when the "reshuffle all decks" card comes up in the contract deck.

If you have trouble with people "burning through the deck" one at a time rather than paying the more expensive way of picking the one you want, you might want to go with option 1 to discourage that habit. I prefer it as a "limited" resource type situation.

Again, I don't know an official ruling and we've never had that situation arise in any of our games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rumpz wrote:
the rules don't say anything about reshuffling the foremen after the last one is flipped. do you?

page 5 "preparation to play", 4th paragraph:
"When any deck becomes exhausted during play, the dealer reshuffles the discard pile to form a new deck."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Foy
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
Also if someone pays 5 to take a foreman, the deck is immediately reshuffled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BFoy wrote:

In this case, only the foreman cards still in the draw stack get shuffled. The discard stack is not shuffled in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Werbaer wrote:
BFoy wrote:

In this case, only the foreman cards still in the draw stack get shuffled. The discard stack is not shuffled in.

Really? Where does it say that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Parrott
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Top part of page 5, second column 'A player may change his Foreman card....'

End of the paragraph says 'After the second option, reshuffle the Forman deck (not including the discard pile).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Biggar
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cparrott wrote:
Top part of page 5, second column 'A player may change his Foreman card....'

End of the paragraph says 'After the second option, reshuffle the Foreman deck (not including the discard pile).

Interesting, this not what the computer version does. Any time you pay 5 to search the foreman deck, it reshuffles the whole deck, except the card you are discarding which becomes the only card in the discard pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Heuer
United States
California
flag msg tools
When this situation happened earlier this week, I drew and discarded and then shuffled, leaving an empty discard pile -- so the next person to change foreman had only one choice instead of the usual two. Now I'm thinking this may have been incorrect.

Perhaps the proper sequence should be: draw the last foreman card, immediately shuffle the discard pile to form a new draw deck, then decide which of the two you'll keep, and discard the other to form a new discard pile?

Another foreman question: If you pay 1 GP for the top of the deck, and you don't like the result, can you continue to pay 1 GP to try again, or is it limited to once per turn? The only evidence for the latter interpretation seems to be the use of the singular in "choose a foreman", but I don't find that very convincing. My assumption would be that all of {choose foreman, upgrade engine, build track} are allowed in any amount and any order, as long as you don't exceed the 20 GP/turn limit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Kristiansen
msg tools
You can only change foreman once per turn. It is not clear in the rules, but the publisher has said so in answer to a question, The purpose of this rule is preventing a player from holding on the orc (or other foreman, but most likely the orc) by changing foreman when needed, and then changing back at the end of the turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.