Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Hammond
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say the defender has 4 fresh units in an area that is being assaulted. The attacker inflicts 4 CPs... is it legal for the defender to apply ALL 4 CPs to the lead unit, causing it's elimination, but keeping the other 4 units fresh? I always thought that the defender could not assign something like 2 CPs to any one unit before assigning ALL units at least 1 CP, similar to bombardments.

If the defender can unevenly assign CPs, that would really change things in my mind... it would make prep bombardments that much more important (to lower the defenders DV by flipping fresh units to spent) and would make bocage and 4-TEM areas that much stronger as "Fortress" areas.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ian morris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Mids
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi Kevin, long time no hear !

In an assault impulse, the defender can assign CP as he sees fit, as opposed to a bombardment impulse, where only one level of disruption is gained by each defending unit (up until the AP requirement is satisfied, of course).

As you can see, this is very useful at Omaha beach, where the German player will want to keep the 352nd artillery fresh for as long as possible, until it's time for that killer bombardment !

Btw, don't forget that a Fresh unit can retreat for its fourth CP rather than be eliminated, unless it is an immobile coastal defence unit.

Cheers !

Ian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Hammond
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow I can't believe I misinterpreted that rule until now, it makes a huge difference.

Thanks again Ian~

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.