True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've tried a couple of online plays with The Nile 2-player map and found them to be too confined with not enough space to build new kingdoms when you don't have enough red tiles to start an internal conflict. What do others think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
benji
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jon,

I regularly play on the Nile map as I mostly play with my gf. I enjoy it. The size is just small enough to scale very well to a two player game. You can force a conflict without too much effort yet still develop apart at the beginning. It is true that to some extend, Towards the end game there is not too much space to start afresh if your leaders have been wiped out. If you want a longer game with more possibilities you can play on the larger board.
Another aspect I particularly appreciate on the Nile board is the ability to use blue tiles in a more interesting way than on the other boards.

I haven't tried to play three players on this board.

this is indeed my personal take on this ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Eder
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I have now played this version 2p twice. We had never tried 2p with the regular board. My impression is that there was much more conflict available in this version; however, we noticed some very strange tile distributions. In both games, we found that we had way more reds than usual. Routinely, we got to 4 or 5 (or even 6!) reds on hand.
Neither of us is big on internal conflict unless it is a last resort. Also, we are both pretty defensive, so we like to keep reds on hand. I think we need to either alter our strategies or change the tile distribution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maxdrawdown wrote:
If you want a longer game with more possibilities you can play on the larger board.

Thanks for the response! I do wonder, however, if the bigger board would actually take longer. It may even be shorter as I think there's more room to create more external conflicts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering how the Nile map compares to the official two-player map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Duncan
United States
Ithaca
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
craniac wrote:

I'm thinking about picking up T&E (only played on iOS so far).

What official two-player map?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
cdunc123 wrote:
craniac wrote:

I'm thinking about picking up T&E (only played on iOS so far).

What official two-player map?

I don't believe there is such a thing. The most recent edition of the game has a two-sided board, but the alternative side is not a 2p map, it's designed to be used with the expansion included in the set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.