Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Schwerdtfeger
United States
Redondo Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I doubt I'll ultimately get into this one (I still have a bad plastic taste in my mouth from Mage Knight and MechWarrior), I'm interested in the blurb below that I got yesterday from the folks at GenCon. It came in their periodic newsletter e-mail. I'm looking for fun events to play at GenCon with my 11 year old daughter, and this seems like right up our alley. If anyone hears any more info, like how to sign up (it is not on GenCon's event list yet), please post it here. Thanks.

Play the new World of Warcraft® Miniatures Game at Gen Con!

Be one of the select few to participate in the very first World of Warcraft Miniatures Organized Play event at Gen Con! Upper Deck’s World of Warcraft Miniatures game, available in stores in November 2008, features premium quality renditions of legendary World of Warcraft online characters and unique, engaging gameplay.

On Friday and Saturday at Gen Con, a number of lucky gamers will be selected to compete in an exclusive World of Warcraft Miniatures Preview event. Each participant is guaranteed at least four rounds of play, and will earn the bragging rights of being among the first to play the most anticipated new minis game of the year!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vanek
United States
Twinsburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I got this newsletter as well. I am looking forward to WoW minis mostly because I am looking forward to having a tournament minis game up and running again. Since Mechwarrior and Dreamblade died, I've itching to get into a wargame with some competitive teeth. I am hopeful that WoW will be that game.

Hopefully it won't be terribly hard to get signed up for the Gencon tournament!

Z

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Anderson
United States
Ennis
Montana
flag msg tools
There is nothing better than playing board games with my 4 sons!
badge
There is nothing better than playing board games with my 4 sons!
mbmbmbmbmb
I also was burned by the Mage-Knight and Mech Warrior bug, so I swore off of randon mini games. I've gotten some great enjoyment out of HeroScape the last couple of years though, and with the recent news from FFG about the Mutant Chronicles game NOT being random anymore, it has really got me looking into that.

But, a friend of mine was able to demo this game, and can't stop telling me how awesome it is, and since I do play WoW (the online game) a few hours each weekend, I know the characters, races, classes, etc. So I looked online and found these mini's to be AMAZING!

It looks like I might be jumping on this bandwagon and trying a stab at a collectible game again!

D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Kenney
United States
North Haledon
NJ
flag msg tools
Gotta catch 'em all!
badge
I like shorts. They are comfy and easy to wear.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardboard Carnage wrote:
...and with the recent news from FFG about the Mutant Chronicles game NOT being random anymore, it has really got me looking into that...

This is a little off topic, but I'm really loving FFG's new collectible strategy lately. Mutant Chronicles going non-random, my favorite CCG/game period of all-time, A Game of Thrones, going to fixed sets...pure gold. I'm excited to get back into AGoT specifically because I can now afford to compete. I can't applaud FFG enough, and I wonder what's taken people so long. (Oh wait, bucketloads of cash. Riiight...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.