Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Powers
United States
Triangle
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Under 'Resolve Battles', Step 3, subsection d), it says "a leader may not be removed until he has no troops left under his command".

In the example on page 11, in the fifth paragraph it says "The English player must eliminate his longbowmen first (leaders always go last)..."

This is not the same thing...

Example: The English have Richard II with 5 infantry, and Edward of York with 1 infantry. The French inflict 2 hits.

If we go by what is said under 'Resolve Battles', the English could take the first hit as the 1 infantry with Edward. Since he now has 'no troops left under his command' he COULD take Edward as the second hit.

If we go by the example on Page 11, the second hit would have to be one of the infantry with Richard.

Which is it?

Game looks great! Got it yesterday and have already read the rules 3 times. Cant wait to play!!

Bill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not following what you are asking as I don't see a conflict in the rules..I suspect you are reading into the example too much.

Go by the rules if you are not sure - and not the example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Powers
United States
Triangle
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically, what I am asking is: Can you take a leader as a hit if he has no troops left even if another leader in the battle does have troops left?

Put another way, in my example, could the English take Edward as a casualty even though Richard has infantry left?

Thanks for the fast response!
Bill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure. As long as he has no troops left under his command and he isn't the overall commander and there are other leaders/troops still in the battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

I agree with the poster -- the example indicates that the English player would be required to remove the two longbow troops first and then a leader next, when he could choose to remove one longbow troop, then one leader, and then one longbow troop.

The result is exactly the same -- he needs to eat three hits and he has two troops and two leaders remaining. But at least conceptually what he is saying is correct -- according to the rules (7.0.d) the English player, if he had many pieces remaining, could destroy one entire stack prior to cutting into the next.

Let the Errata begin.

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
adamant wrote:
Sure. As long as he has no troops left under his command and he isn't the overall commander and there are other leaders/troops still in the battle.

I misunderstood this then - sounded to me as though all troops died before any leaders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.