1 Posts

Gulo Gulo» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
I finally broke down and bought Gulo Gulo for my youngest daughter (Amelia) for Christmas. She really needed a game that she could win on her own merit and everyone (read: older sis & bro) would still want to play. Well, this fit the bill big time!

I had played once with Amelia so she was well versed in the rules. She and I started off this session with her sister, brother, father learning for the first time.

Amelia insisted on teaching them the rules. ("You gotta save the baby gulo gulo from the mean ostriches!") And then we were off!

Amelia leads off in first place. She makes the egg snatching look easy. Then comes big sis....she quickly learns that the nest can be ruthless and sets off the alarm. Big bro figures that he can do better than big sis, but by turning over a hidden tile he's forced to take a blue egg and now he can only advance one tile since blue was already showing.

Now comes Dad's turn -- and the hilarity begins as Dad is completely incompetent at stealing eggs. Mom only fairs slightly better.

We're back to Amelia who reaches in with nary a hesistation and snatches a green egg out. We are all cheers and laughter at the speed and ease with which she performs her act. She holds her hands up high and pronounces, "Little hands are the best!!"

The game continues, with brother and big sis trying different snatching techniques. Dad decides the best way is to plunge his fingers in and grab away Amelia-style. Mom has a moment of analysis-paralysis as she attempts to decide between two yellow eggs. But, in the end, Amelia is, of course, victorious and glows with pride.

Best of all at the end of the game, big sis and bro state in unison, "Let's play again!"

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.