Popular Tags: [View All]
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My local Barnes & Noble has a bunch of games on for 50% off. The two most interesting ones include:

Make 'n' Break
and
Make 'n' Break Extreme

and a whole pile of low-rated Spiderwick Chronicles games, along with the usual variety of Labyrinth games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
You've got to be kidding me! I just bought Make 'n Break less than a week ago at Barnes & Noble at full price. They had to go back to the stock room to find it. I guess the games were sitting there, ready to be put on clearance.

Really fun game, by the way, so I'd highly recommend picking it up, especially at half price. I'll have to go by and see if I can pick up a couple copies for gifts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Make 'n' Break Extreme is one of the ones some B&N's had for clearance during their annual Feb. sale.

Maybe the ones that didn't sell have them on clearance before do now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Taylor
United States
Castro Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are having a clearance online too Rumis was $9 and I picked up Pirates on the High Seas for $50. (Normally $80)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael M.
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Marvel Heroscape is also on sale online for $8.73. Link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cagriggs wrote:
...They had to go back to the stock room to find it. I guess the games were sitting there, ready to be put on clearance....

When I phoned another BN store to ask about clearance games, the woman said they just got in about a dozen boxes of clearance stuff and were just starting to put it all out, and reprice it, today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the tip. I managed to pick up Make 'n Break Extreme, Amazing Labyrinth, and three extra copies of Make 'n Break. They had a few other games, but nothing too exceptional. My wife has gone back tonight to look at some of their other deals and I told her to pick up a copy of the Labyrinth card game as well. Our store also has half price Thomas trains, the nice quality wood trains. Finding these half price is very uncommon, so we're going to pick up a couple for my youngest son's birthday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.R. Burgess
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got Make and Break (both), Pirateology and Dragonology games (there was a Wizardology one, too), and some general Cranium stuff there plus lots of books (oddly enough, their occult section seemed to have been cleared out), plenty of puzzles, and other games (Golden Compass, Uno versions, Eragon).

...Sheylon
www.boardgamebabylon.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this 50% off games sales at Barnes & Noble noticeable or advertised? Do they have signs advertising it? My local B&N doesn't have anything according to a friend. Do you need to inquire about the sale or is it just for certain B&N stores?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
Is this 50% off games sales at Barnes & Noble noticeable or advertised? Do they have signs advertising it? My local B&N doesn't have anything according to a friend. Do you need to inquire about the sale or is it just for certain B&N stores?

It sounds / seems like each store just got random boxes of clearance stuff. My local store has two huge tables in the middle of the store with big 50% red-dot signs on them. The tables have many of the things people here are mentioning (Thomas the Train, occult books, etc), as well as a few random games. Seems like it's mostly just a crap-shoot what your store will have. I got Rush Hour Jr. yesterday at mine for around $7.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a B&N next to my office, so when I saw this thread yesterday I ran over there - I didn't see anything at all on clearance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My B&N only had Amazeing Labyrinth, Shrek checkers, Cranium cloodle and sculptorades. A shame they didn't have humdinger, I think I would have liked that one.

Missed getting Transformers Risk on the website by like 10 minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachel Henning
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for sharing this. I went today and the local store had a bunch of ThinkFun puzzles (like River Crossing), the 2 Make & Break games, a few cranium games, 2 different amazeing labyrinth games, Pirateology, Dragonology (or maybe it was Wizardology). A lot of other stuff that I can't remember. There were 3 clearance tables.

I also picked up some Thomas the Train stuff for my toddlers at 50 percent off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.R. Burgess
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RachelK wrote:
Thanks for sharing this. I went today and the local store had a bunch of ThinkFun puzzles (like River Crossing), the 2 Make & Break games, a few cranium games, 2 different amazeing labyrinth games, Pirateology, Dragonology (or maybe it was Wizardology). A lot of other stuff that I can't remember. There were 3 clearance tables.

I also picked up some Thomas the Train stuff for my toddlers at 50 percent off.

There were more Make and Break Extremes at my local place. Will people want these in trade if I pick them up?

...Sheylon
www.boardgamebabylon.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheamus Parkes
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grabbed 2 of each version of Make 'n' Break today. First B&N didn't have anything, but the second I stopped at had a lot.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Roethele
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My local B&N had Eragon & Piratology. I bought Eragon for $10 - I figure it'll be good if the younger cousins & nieces come to visit, or I might just break it down and use the pieces in my RPG's...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.