Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
How does this game work for 2? The bidding mechanism seems a bit Ra-like so I think it has potential to work for 2. Does anyone have experience with Metropolys as a 2-player game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Taylor
United States
Castro Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Works fine, and you have more control over the board. You just use fewer quadrants of the map with 2 and 3p.

Great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Harrison
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.gamesonthebrain.com
badge
www.gamesonthebrain.com
It works fine, although I suspect 3 and 4 player might be more enjoyable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vinny Tee
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was okay as a 2-player game. I wouldn't recommend it as a 2-player game as I felt it was too easy to place buildings and figure out what your opponent's hidden cards were. Both players basically could do whatever they wanted with little competition.

I think the sweet spot for this game is 4 players. Great tension and fighting for position in the 4 player game.

Never played a 3 player game but know someone who has and he mentioned he preferred the 4 player game over the 3 player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
Like most games, adding that 3rd or 4th player can really increase the subtlety of the game. This is basically what I figured for this game, but it doesn't hurt to ask. Thanks for the input folks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dick Hunt
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One aspect of the 2-player game I truly dislike is the Tallest Building contest. I don't like the way the game breaks ties.

All you have to do in order to get a share of Tallest Building points is place a building of each size (tall, medium, short) in each district. That's not too hard to pull off in the 2-player game, and it makes the Tallest Building points a joke.

A better way would be:

1. Height of tallest building in district
2. number of buildings of that height in district

So if you and I each build one 10-13 building in a district, the next level of tiebreaking is to count how many medium-sized buildings we each built. If you've built 2 and I've built just 1, then YOU get the 5 points for Tallest Building in that district.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DSHStratRat2 wrote:
One aspect of the 2-player game I truly dislike is the Tallest Building contest. I don't like the way the game breaks ties.

All you have to do in order to get a share of Tallest Building points is place a building of each size (tall, medium, short) in each district. That's not too hard to pull off in the 2-player game, and it makes the Tallest Building points a joke.

A better way would be:

1. Height of tallest building in district
2. number of buildings of that height in district

So if you and I each build one 10-13 building in a district, the next level of tiebreaking is to count how many medium-sized buildings we each built. If you've built 2 and I've built just 1, then YOU get the 5 points for Tallest Building in that district.

I know this message is a bit old but it's wrong and nobody ever responded to it so... I just thought I'd set the record straight for any future readers.

Highest building gets the points. If both players have a building of that height, then whoever has more of that height wins. If that's also equal, you go down to the next height. Very common sense. I think the person who left this message just misintepreted the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.