Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Fitchett
United States
Garnet Valley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up this expansion before Memorial day. Before Memorial day I emailed Mayfair games. My set did not include the black master builder. I called long distance two weeks ago. On the phone they said they send the piece out to me. I have not recieved the piece. I never did get a reply from the email.

A very unhappy Steve Fitchett.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I juggle cats.
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Give them time. Two weeks is nothing in game company time. When my 3 year old broke a friend's Starfarers of Catan starship, I think it took about 4 weeks and a couple contacts to get a replacement.

I don't think you've gotten bad customer service. I think you're probably getting average customer service. It's just that we're used to all the great customer service stories from Jay Tummelson & Z-Man.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Quote:
Give them time. Two weeks is nothing in game company time.

Especially if you emailed them before a holiday weekend.

Mayfair can be somewhat slow but they have always responded to me queries. Make sure you double check the mailing address you gave them. The one time I got really mad at a customer service it turned out my fat finger hit the number next to the one I meant to and gave them an address that doesn't exist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fitchett
United States
Garnet Valley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a "sig" for my address to ensure I never type my address incorrectly. I think a month to reply to an email is plenty of time. If you can't do that, you have problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fitchett
United States
Garnet Valley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
johnweldy wrote:

I don't think you've gotten bad customer service. I think you're probably getting average customer service. It's just that we're used to all the great customer service stories from Jay Tummelson & Z-Man.

I am hoping this is the case. Jay and Zev have been great. Zev helped me out recently when it wasn't even his problem it was just a favor I asked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
South Africa
Cape Town
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They responded fairly quickly to my recent query about a part. I'm still waiting for the part, but I am expecting it to take a while to arrive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Mosier
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I only bought the original Pillars of the Earth recently and didn't get it in the mail until the week after Memorial Day. I was missing a little blue guy and had an extra little green guy instead. I sent them an email asking for a replacement. I received an immediate email response and got the new piece a week and a half later. I can't speak for anyone else's experience, but I couldn't have been happier with mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't say nothing bad about Mayfair's customer service - on contrary, it's great. I got a wrong rulebook in one of my 4th edition Catan games and they've sent it nearly in no time over the Atlantic to Germany...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
South Africa
Cape Town
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received my replacement from them. Based on the post stamp date it took them a couple of weeks to mail it out, and a week to get to me. I'm happy with the service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Hall
United Kingdom
Yate
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had to get a replacement black worker from them for my copy of Pillars. They responded to me email quickly but it took a good month plus to get the piece to me. Of course I'm in the UK so ~shrugs~ . They're pretty slow but they do seem to get their eventually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Wilcock
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My set was missing all the white workers. I called them up and got the replacements in 1 week. They didn't even ask for a receipt or proof of purchase or anything. Seems like good customer service to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.