Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
These "contextual targeting" ads, I don't know...
Today I was on the Horus game page and was exhorted to "Talk to Single Arabs HERE"! And this was right in the description box of the game.
Good for a late-morning laugh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Nunes
Portugal
Odivelas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always found that the "contextual" google ads in any site weren't always very contextual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes they work but sometimes, even on google's own site... like when I was searching for the gas stations nearest an airport on googlemaps and was deluged with Gas-X advertisements and offers to "relieve my discomfort"...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Nunes
Portugal
Odivelas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem is that they aren't truly contextual, anyone can buy any keyword and bid like crazy on it, and then google shows the highest bidder, from a business standpoint it's the correct way to do it, but it abandons the whole contextual idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite was when I was perusing this geeklist

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/32003

and I got ads for BBW dating sites all over my screen. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
I still recall the stool softener add that popped up one day when I was on the Puerto Rico page. gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.