Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is on another thread asking the same question.

Quote:
angiolillo wrote:
From Boardgamenews.com:
http://www.boardgamenews.com/index.php/boardgamenews/comment...

...Finally, there’s a ton of Wings of War items spread throughout the coming twelve months:

February—Flying Legend and Eagles of the Reich, two booster packs for the WW2 series; also, a miniatures package of WW1 airplanes
April—Immelmann and Dogfight Squadron, two booster packs to add more planes to the WW1 series
June—Fire from the Sky, a new game set for the WW2 series; also, a miniatures package of WW1 airplanes
October—Flight of the Giants, a new game set for WW1 that introduces a nunmber of bombers
December—Balloon Busters, a boxed set of WW1 miniatures that will include models for Drachen Caquot/AE800 and Nieuport 11 in two different painting schemes
In addition to all of this, Nexus is taking a cue from its line of WW1 miniatures for Wings of War and releasing a series for WW2. The 1/196 scale pre-assembled and pre-painted planes from the first years of that international conflict will be sold in complete sets and as individual planes. The first release will include the Supermarine Spitfire, Messerschmitt Bf 109, Mitsubishi A6M2 “Zero” and Grummann F4F-3.

I'd also keep in mind that the US reseller FFG is known for schedule delays, plus it's an overseas thing, so I'm figuring on seeing Series 3 sometime early fall of this year (if it is indeed the June item above).

Here's a link to the thread in which Andrea discusses the 2008 releases:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/290238

BACK TO PRESENT POSTING--

That was posted back in March but I said then that, based on what we have seen for delivery schedules, you can usually add 3-6 months for any Nexus announced item appearing in the US. The series 2 minies, for example, were listed for Feb and really just showing up in the US around the 20th of May.

The "April" releases booster sets are not here yet, for example. They are listed on FFG's page as 'expected in June," and they don't even list "Fire from the Sky" and the Series 3 minies.

I'm betting we see the April items by late summer and it's a race whether Series 3 will be out in the states by Thanksgiving. If not, they'll be nice Xmas presents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Kreider
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
given the usual 'add 3 months or so' for a WoW/FFG release, I would have thought September of 08 for the series 3 planes hitting the US. only problem with this theory is that usually we start seeing some preview photos as we get closer to the official release date. No photos of series 3 models have been available yet, which makes me think they aren't that far along. Last time I asked Andrea about series 3 previews, he gave a link to some art designs (ie, 2d plans for the models, not actual 3d prototypes).

I still haven't flown my snipes and DVII's yet as they came out a few weeks after our local con, which was the last time I ran WoW for a group. Slow and steady is fine with me, so long as the goodies get here eventually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Never mind the US - first we need the series to be published in Europe/Italy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, just for variety's sake, let's let one of the boats get here First!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We expect Series III to ship out of factory in august, so it should be in stores in september.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Guzy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And the WW II minis?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The first series of WW2 is currently in prototyping - I do not have a certain release date at this moment, we should be able to get them out in october or november if everything is smooth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Kreider
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cybernex wrote:
We expect Series III to ship out of factory in august, so it should be in stores in september.

Wow, thanks for the update. If they're that far along, can we get some pictures of the actual models sometime soon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
iagoba ferreira
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
There are some!

Look at "recent images", there is one Albatross D. III and an Ufag, both posted by Angiolillo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Kreider
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dernhelm wrote:
There are some!

Look at "recent images", there is one Albatross D. III and an Ufag, both posted by Angiolillo

wow, they look great! thanks for putting the pictures up, Andrea. nice lozenge pattern on the sides of the UFAG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I always liked it. And for once these lozenges are perfect hexagons... They remind me my past of war-boardgamer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to get Series II someday as well. If they ever arrive in the USA, I will buy a set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
I would like to get Series II someday as well. If they ever arrive in the USA, I will buy a set.

??? I bought one each of all the Series II miniatures months ago here in Virginia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Guzy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where in Virginia?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just like happened with Series 1, with Series 2, there was an initial delivery which did not fully satisfy pre-orders from distributors and online game stores. So some of the lucky folks got Series 2 before they were all gone and the rest are waiting for the 2nd shipment of Series 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Were the Immelmann and Dogfight Squadrons booster decks ever released in the US? I've seen the Eagles and Legends decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BradyLS wrote:
Were the Immelmann and Dogfight Squadrons booster decks ever released in the US? I've seen the Eagles and Legends decks.

As you can see from the "Upcoming" page on FFG's site, they are shipping now to the shops:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/productsrelease.html

But "now" is days ago and I am reading of people who already got them from their local stores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Kreider
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrea, thanks for putting up more photos. I saw that you labeled the Russian plane's pilot as Kazakov this time instead of Kibanov. I wondered if you'd change the pilot's name on this release due to confusion I've noticed in the past. I thought his name was Krisanov, though, based on this post:

http://www.theaerodrome.com/forum/people/19387-kibanov-his-n...

I'm not overly concerned with the history behind this fun game, but now I'm curious about this Russian pilot. What caught your interest in him and his airplane in the first place? Was it just the paint scheme? Isn't there supposed to be a horse painted on the side? I can't quite make it out from the picture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

The info on "Krisanov" does not seem to match with any other info on that plane, so in the end I kept Kibanov. Kazakov was a mstake, sorry...

Yes it is a horse on each side, and a horseshooe with two crossed riding crops behind the seat. Maybe you can see something more here:

http://www.eduard.cz/products/pdf/n11/1108_13.pdf

http://www.theaerodrome.com/forum/attachments/people/1522d11...

I liked the scheme and I liked the fact that we could add a Russian plane, but that it kept the French colors that's quite meaninful on how things went on duriong the frantic years of the war. And it could also allow French player to fly it as a French plane - they are always complaining about the lack of French planes and pilots in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Manoff
United States
Haymarket
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both of the new decks are in stores now in addition to most e-retailers. I just received my two packs today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P Duggan
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
coming next week
from tabletopgamingnews

Quote:
Fantasy Flight Games have announced several releases for Wings of War that are shipping to retailers next week. All prices are in US$.

* Wings of War Miniatures: Series 1 $11.95
* Wings of War Miniatures: Series 2 $11.95/14.95
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.