Subject: Wanted! People to Game With in Lexington, KY rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick McGill
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello! A college friend and I want to play larger player games (like Diplomacy, Twilight Imperium, and Descent), but we also like Catan and other such smaller games. We're easy to please. But we seem to be the only ones we know that like the play such games in the Lexington, KY area.

We enjoy strategy war games, diplomacy games, fantasy crawl games, or any game with big boards and lots of rules. My name is Patrick McGill, and I would appreciate anyone interested in starting a gaming group with me and my friend to message me. We could organize at my apartment (or yours, if it's nicer.)

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There's a bunch of us that game in Louisville, there is a game shop that has weekly boardgame days and monthly all-night gaming. But that may be too much of a drive from Lexington. I think LankyEngineer is from Lexington though... If I can help you out any more, drop me a geekmail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a group that meets regularly at The Rusty Scabbard every Wednesday night at 6 PM. There is another group that meets at A+ comics every Saturday at 4PM.

I don't regularly attend either group (I prefer smaller groups with friends from work).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fowers
United States
OGDEN
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I'm near Morehead, KY. It'd be a drive, but there are two of us out here that would be up for such games occasionally.

Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chip Hundley
United States
Danville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ChemEng wrote:
There's a bunch of us that game in Louisville, there is a game shop that has weekly boardgame days and monthly all-night gaming. But that may be too much of a drive from Lexington. I think LankyEngineer is from Lexington though... If I can help you out any more, drop me a geekmail.

What's the name of the shop and where is it? I guess more importantly, do they happen to carry a very wide variety of games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles A. Davis
United States
Greeneville
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Patrick,

I see that you are looking for gamers in the Lexington area. I am not close to you but we run a convention is Charleston WV, called CharCon. It will be Oct 18, 19 this year. More info can be found at our BGG Guild http://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/335 and www.CharCon.org . We would love to have you and any of your friends come over. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Defevers
United States
Fort Thomas
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LankyEngineer wrote:
There is a group that meets regularly at The Rusty Scabbard ...

Man ... I haven't been to the Rusty Scabbard since I got out of college (ca. 1990 AD). It's nice to know that it's still there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Seelbach
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LankyEngineer wrote:
There is a group that meets regularly at The Rusty Scabbard every Wednesday night at 6 PM. There is another group that meets at A+ comics every Saturday at 4PM.

I don't regularly attend either group (I prefer smaller groups with friends from work).

Can anyone from either group chime in and say what sorts of games you play? I just moved to Lexington and I have lots of games to play but not a lot of people to play them with.

-Lou

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachel Medley

Kentucky
msg tools
Munchkin (Various lot at various times but almost always evening)

DnD every Sunday (GM/DM has been playing most of his life, so he's pretty good)

We just got a new one but I can't think of what it's called.

We were at the Rusty Scabbard earlier today, and are pondering going there for the Wednesday night groups.
Currently we ourselves are a large group (4-8), but we're always open to more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
garrett mantor
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I have just moved to the lex area. I am an avid gamer always looking for a good group just came from a group of 6-15 quality gamers. I have a wide variety of games from Catan,caylus, agricola, tigris and euphrates, alhambra and many more. I live just south of lex. in wilmore let me know i may try to make it to the rusty scabbard for a game soon. thanks for that info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Seelbach
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I just moved out of Lexington to WV, but I would highly recommend meeting up at A+ Comics on Saturdays at 4 PM. I'll miss you guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Covert
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lou-Dawg wrote:
Well I just moved out of Lexington to WV, but I would highly recommend meeting up at A+ Comics on Saturdays at 4 PM. I'll miss you guys!

That wasn't a very long stay... Did the Yu-Gi-Oh kids drive you out?

But we're always happy to have new players at A+ on Saturdays at 4... Maybe one of these days, we'll have to regularly split into multiple tables...

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Seelbach
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lol yeah. I decided to move because I was tired of kids crying about losing a Yu-Gi-Oh game

Also my wife got into med-school at Marshall and didn't get into UK

I will miss you guys. I'm sad we never got an epic game on like we were talking about (War of Rings, Epic Battlelore, Descent campaign, etc.)

CovertDad wrote:
That wasn't a very long stay... Did the Yu-Gi-Oh kids drive you out?

But we're always happy to have new players at A+ on Saturdays at 4... Maybe one of these days, we'll have to regularly split into multiple tables...

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Gilleland
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Hi. I'm new to tabletop gaming, though I've been an avid gamer (video games) ever since I came out of the womb. I'm perfectly familiar with the DnD system via my interactions with games such as Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights.

I recently attended GenCon for the first time and quickly fell in love with tabletop gaming. While perusing the exhibit hall, I stumbled upon a new game called Alpha Omega. It's sort of like DnD, but different (being a newbie, i can't tell you how). I was immediately entranced by it's story, and proceeded to snatch up a copy of both the core rulebook and the creature guide (all signed by the creators too! sweet!).

I've been trying to find a gaming guild in the Lexington area ever since. More specifically, I'm looking for a guild that's interested in: A) Trying this new game or B) Willing to take on a newbie. I frequent A+ comics every Wednesday or Thursday for my weekly addiction, so I'm familiar with the place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hudgins
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Hmm seems I'm terribly late to the party.I go to UK and I just started getting into board games pretty heavily in the past few weeks. I'm not really a fan of DnD or anything too heavy like Warhammer.
But my collection now includes

Settlers of Catan
Carcassone
Cosmic Encounter
Battlestar Galactica
Gloom
Cutthroat Caverns
Duel of Ages
Fluxx
Quelf
Munchkin
Why did the Chicken...?

And would love to find a gaming group to join. I'm particularly interested in getting in on some games of Arkham Horror or Descent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Covert
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, we play Arkham Horror pretty frequently at A+ on Southland Saturday afternoons at 4... I think we're planning on playing it this Saturday, actually...

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach May
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
O HELL, ETHER
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a regular at the Rusty Scabbard's Wednesday night group. It's an excellent group with a lot of fun people. As of late, we've been pushing the table-space capacity at the Scabbard, but you really should come out, if just to meet some new gamers.

In terms of games played, let me break down last night's games:

- Long Shot
- Agricola
- Race for the Galaxy
- Munchkin
- Tigris and Euphrates
- Circus Maximus
- Guillotine
- No Thanks

This was an odd night, since it seemed like a bunch of people decided to not bring their bags o' games all on the same night.

Long Shot was brought by a guy doing demos for Z-Man games. I forget his name name but he comes by occasionally with new stuff from Z-Man, which is cool.

In general though: a good mix of euros from light to heavy, lots of Dominion, the occasional train game (18xx). We've done Cosmic Encounter a couple of times. I think you'd have no trouble convincing a some of the guys there to go in with you on the big-board-lots-of-rules sort of thing! The group coordinator Greg has been trying to get a game of Republic of Rome together for a while now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.meetup.com/lexingtongames

Here's the info on the Wednesday group. You can see a close to complete list of what we've played and how often in the About section. Also feel free to e-mail me with questions.

-Greg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Mack
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello all, I've just recently moved back into the Richmond/Lexington area and would love find a group of gamers! Like the original poster, if it has a big map, lots of little bits, and an intimidating manual, I'm on it! I also enjoy euro's and am always willing to try something new. And wargames, I love wargames and have a several titles, but I hardly get to play them so send me a message if you like.

res

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If there is a group playing the games with zillions of bits (also known as they guy with a basement and a tolerant wife), let us know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrus the Great
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I echo the wargame request.

Another thumbsup for the Scabbard. I don't get out there as much as I'd like, but a great group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is gaming at Scabbard still going strong? What games typically get played on an average night and how many people attend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gaming at the Scabbard is still going strong. During the holidays we have 10-15 people there every Wednesday starting as early as 5:30, during regular times it is 20+. We are also doing occasional Tuesday and Saturday gaming at Amazing Wonders, but Wednesday at the Scabbard is our regular time and place.

What do we play? You name it. Dominion, Settlers and Guillotine are the top 3. However, of late some games getting multiple plays include Agricola, Stone Age, Betrayal at the House on the Hill, Last Night on Earth, Mob Ties, Yahtzee free for All, and a bunch more. It's a pretty diverse group so there's typically something for everyone.

For more details, see our meetup site at http://www.meetup.com/lexingtongames/.

Cheers,
Greg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Nicholas
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know about Forge, a gaming convention coming to Lexington that I'll be helping to run. There will be all types of games and definitely boardgames.

It will be held May 25-27, 2012. I know it's far off, but we want to do it right. Our website is now up and running and we would love to keep people in the know. Please visit us and and create an account.

www.forgecon.com

Our convention is a little different. We are incorporating a leveling system for attendees. Various events and options will give experience points. Each level that is attained will grant new perks. Who doesn't love leveling?

We really want to start building a database of gamers so we can begin scheduling events and games. Also, if you have any ideas or questions, please let us know!

Thanks,

Jon Nicholas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrus the Great
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.