Subject: Stop motion & time-lapse rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
origami freak
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Here's a game recorded using stop-motion

...and here's one recorded using time-lapse (part 1, part 2)

I think I like the time-lapse more, because you can see us "thinking" before settling on a place to put the tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hasenstab
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the time lapse better as well.

Nicely done!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse McGatha
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice. But can you tell the final score just from watching the time-lapse video?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
origami freak
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Jester wrote:
Nice. But can you tell the final score just from watching the time-lapse video?

Erm, well, from THAT time-lapse, no. But in future ones, I'll leave the score track in frame a bit longer...

...Also, it's easier to see the score track in the original movie which was shot in higher resolution than Google Video supports...

Also also, in a 2-player game, you can end up with the high score actually lapping the track, which makes figuring out the final score just from the board harder.

Aw heck, anyway the fun (in both time lapses and in playing) is seeing the little towns grow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Lloyd
United Kingdom
Penmaenmawr
Conwy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have they been removed? All I get is Google video saying they're not available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
origami freak
United States
flag msg tools
mb
kevwill wrote:
Have they been removed? All I get is Google video saying they're not available.

Hmm. That's strange. I get 'em when I click the links. Maybe Google was having issues?

Try again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon "that sci-fi guy"
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
origamifreak wrote:

...and here's one recorded using time-lapse (part 1, part 2)

Nice work! Thank goodness that 'hole' was filled in, in part 2. Does anyone else feel a need to have complete maps whilst playing Carc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Lloyd
United Kingdom
Penmaenmawr
Conwy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah - working now. Thanks for posting. I agree with the comments above - what I like about this type of game is the way the world just comes together 'before your very eyes'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
tiggers wrote:

Does anyone else feel a need to have complete maps whilst playing Carc?

I assume by saying 'complete maps' you refer to tile distribution sheets? If so, then no, we would not use them as we feel this detracts from the spirit of the game! It's no fun 'knowing' which piece will block your opponent, making it impossible for him to complete features, but it is better if you think you have a piece that will block him only to find out later that a piece was available after all. You then just rely on memory as to which pieces remain 'in the bag'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon "that sci-fi guy"
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JoffW wrote:
tiggers wrote:

Does anyone else feel a need to have complete maps whilst playing Carc?

I assume by saying 'complete maps' you refer to tile distribution sheets? If so, then no, we would not use them as we feel this detracts from the spirit of the game! It's no fun 'knowing' which piece will block your opponent, making it impossible for him to complete features, but it is better if you think you have a piece that will block him only to find out later that a piece was available after all. You then just rely on memory as to which pieces remain 'in the bag'

No I just mean that when you've finished there shouldn't be a hole in the middle of the map you've just built. It feels so, so... incomplete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
origami freak
United States
flag msg tools
mb
I do think it's more satisfying to have the tiles closely packed so there aren't holes and gaps at the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I think seeing ANYTHING in time-lapse-o-vision is excellent and this was no exception. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bogdan Petrar
Romania
Timişoara
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't want to be the "bad guy" here but next time do the time-lapse much faster. It seems a bit boring and you can actually see how the player "thinks" where to place it. Faster will be a big funnier to look. I want to try something like this for myself ... you can laugh at me after that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.