BattleTech» Forums » General

Subject: New BattleTech Rpg? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so... I'm looking at a Classic BattleTech Rpg by FanPro/Wizkids on eBay right now, and wondering if this is the newest edition. Aren't they supposed to be working on a new edition right now? Or has it already been released? Preemptive thanks for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This came up the other day, though I'm not sure which thread it was in. Anyway, Catalyst Game Labs, which is the licensee for CBT, does have a revision to the RPG planned, but I'm not sure when it's going to come out. The next core book to come out (fairly soon, actually) is Tactical Operations. Strategic Operations is planned for a Q4 release. Personally, I'd be surprised to see the RPG revision before 2009, but I haven't been paying close attention to the CBT boards for a while to know.

The latest edition is Classic BattleTech RPG under the FanPro label. I believe it's the same version, except for the cover, as the preceding version of Mechwarrior.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks Jim. I thought I had read something about it too somewhere, but it really never hurts to ask again. I think I'll stick with the war aspect of the game for a while before I get the RPG think going... who knows, maybe the new edition will come out before I'm ready to move on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.