Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
OK, I haven't painted miniatures in... I don't know, 15 years? but clearly it will be unacceptable to use these guys until they've been painted. Anyone have suggestions for where to look for notes on what colors to paint which bits? (I assume there would be examples on TMP, but didn't find what I was looking for in the few minutes I spent poking around there.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: BASKETmind, if you really want to play basketball
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have my generals yet (anyone in Europe has, BTW?), but if they are fragile they must be more "resine"-like (GW) than soft plastic, so relatively easy to paint.

I know I will, but I am hesitating between the two techniques I've tried recently, full painting (soft plastic minis on the left) or metal brushing (soft plastic on the center and hard plastic on the right):

I won't EVER paint a whole army in detail, but these are a few generals, so I may full paint them... And this would be a good way to distinguish the couples of "clones".

But the dry brushing gives quite good results and is VERY easy: just paint your mini in black (spray or not), dry brush with silver, and for Hannibal and Scipio add a dry brush in gold. It has a more "classic" feel, not to distracting from what is going on on the board.

In both cases, spray varnish the final result, of course!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
Anyone have suggestions for where to look for notes on what colors to paint which bits?

Have you looked at the cardboard generals? The detail is small butht e sculpts look like the drawings. If I were going to paint, I would start there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim M-L
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The general counters that came wit the game are a pretty good guide. I'll probably be painting mine similar to that, with a few changes. The two main ospreys that cover soldiers of this period are:
http://www.ospreypublishing.com/title_detail.php/title=Q4301...
and
http://www.ospreypublishing.com/title_detail.php/title=P5985...

Those books would probably have some good illustrations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.