Subject: Fitting the generals in the box? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe McKinley
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
When I heard the learn’d astronomer; When the proofs, the figures, were ranged in columns before me; When I was shown the charts and the diagrams, to add, divide, and measure them; When I, sitting, heard the astronomer, where he lectured with
badge
much applause in the lecture-room, How soon, unaccountable, I became tired and sick; Till rising and gliding out, I wander’d off by myself, In the mystical moist night-air, and from time to time, Look’d up in perfect silence at the stars. W.W.
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone figured out how to safely store the generals in the game box?

Are we going to have to toss the insert to do so?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Or buy some foam or something. I'd hate to toss the insert as it is one of the better ones out there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isley
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They fit pretty easily if you store the cardboard generals elsewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmbmbmb
I am more worried that they are too fragile to put in the box considering how many of mine were broken upon shipment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Logging plays since 2004
badge
Oh, so you actually think about what you are saying?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm keeping them in the original plastic packaging for the time being. You could put that in the box if you take out the insert, which is really only very useful if you keep the box horizontal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about UNDER the insert? I don't mean loose and sliding around, but there are some gaps under it that should be big enough to tuck some padded compartments or wrap in foam...

I generally toss inserts, but I'm with Brian on this one-- the insert is pretty useful here. And, while I like storing a lot of games bookcase style, there have been so many the past few years that demand to sit horisontally, it's not a problem having one more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Sisk
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Lord_Prussian wrote:
I'm keeping them in the original plastic packaging for the time being.

Considering how easily the more delicate parts tend to break off, I think this is the best idea!

Quote:
You could put that in the box if you take out the insert . . .

This is what I did with mine. Shame to take out the custom insert, but all the thin tracks for storing things never did much for me. Just give me a few bags to dump everything in and I'm good to go. Thanks to all the extra bags that came with Stone Age, I had plenty of bags to store everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.