Subject: Playing tactical cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrea Sbragia
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for this silly question but i can't understand somehing on TC and combat.

When a player plays TC it is forced to play Everytime the same genre? I mean NOT when the army is in the blocks providing the genre (spades and so on...), but if an army is not in a block obliging to play only a certain genre of cards, what a player can do?

Example

Karl has 5 hearts-7 spades- 10 spades

Johan has 4 hearts - reserve - 9 flowers

active player is Karl..

Karl plays 5 hearts

Johan plays 9 flowers

Karl can now play spades???

Or this is impossible because every road is near a compulsory block? (i have the game from yesterday and i see that in the map not every road is near a spades or something block)

THEN

If Karl could play hearts and spades... what happens if Karl and Johan are in ZERO and the cards played are different genre? (i am talking about the rule that force a player to play --when at ZERO-- the same genre of card or a reserve)

Thanks in advance (great game ^ ^)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard sivel
Germany
berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
dear andrea,

please forgive that I have some difficulties in understanding your problem.

What do you mean with "a block obliging to play only a certain genre of cards" ?

I guess with genre, you mean the symbols (hearts, spades, diamonds, clubs), correct?

But what do you mean with "block" ?

Maybe you did not identify the thin blue lines which divide the map into sectors (very similar to those lines which can be found on a city map)?

For instance, in the lower left corner, there is a clubs-symbol. And there are 2 blue lines, one starting at the coordinate "2" running in west-east-direction, the other at the coordinate "B" running northwards. This blue lines define the rectangle in which the clubs is valid, that means the following cities are in this clubs-sector:

Bingen, Wiesbaden, Frankfurt, Hanau, Aschaffenburg, Mainz, Darmstadt, Oppenheim, Worms, Mannheim, Bensheim Erbach, Miltenberg.
(I hope I have them all )

A general located on one of these cities can use ONLY clubs in combat (or a reseve-card).

I hope that helps.

Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Schwarz
United States
Tucker
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, I don't understand your example. I hope this explaination helps:

Each city is in a region. Each region is labeled with a suit. When a general is in a battle, the player can only play cards in the suit of the region of the city that the general is in. (and reserves - which are wild). The suit never changes during a single battle, but if the same general is in a different region in a later battle, the suit probably will be different.

The suit that the opposing player is using is totally irrelevant.

Regarding number, they affect who is obligated to play cards, not what suit to play. If your play of TCs puts the difference at zero, the obligation immediately shifts to the other player, who must use the suit where that player's general is located.

I hope that helps. Enjoy Friedrich, it is a great game.

Edit: Oops, too slow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Sbragia
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You answered my question, i did not see the lines of region concerning the card suit, so i made a misunderstand considering ONLY to play card suit for those cities really close to the suit (genre).

Thanks for your answer now i understand the combat system.

P.S. This Sunday i will haveto play my first game and i can't wait i really love the period and the sense of manouevre is really portraited in an elegant way in Friedrich.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Luta
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So how did the game go?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Sbragia
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In two weeks we made 3 games.

One victory for Austria (first game without advanced rules); One victory for France (second game with advanced rules and eased victory); One victory for the Imperial Army (same as above, advanced and eased victory).

In the first i was Prussia, in the second Austria and in the third i was France... but for a player went away i took Prussia giving France to the Elisabeth Player.

The game is awesome and i give it a 10!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton Telle
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the statistics (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/233145):
In whose hands was the Imperial Army in the third game? Still playing for Maria Theresia? Maybe you remember.

What do you (Andrea) mean by eased victory? Do you mean eased victory conditions (for Sweden and Imperial Army)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.