Popular Tags: [View All]
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Just received a complimentary issue of Decision Games new wargaming/history magazine, World at War. Wow!

It has article after article with beautiful colour maps--no. I haven't read it yet, so I'll get back to you, but it looks so promising.

It's all about descriptions of battles from the grand-tactical to strategic and only for WWII. It too, like its sister publication Strategy & Tactics, will have a with and without game version.

Anyway, just a heads-up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bohrer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow is right, I especially enjoyed the 2 excellent articles by John Burtt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mokszycki
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received mine as well. I'm very impressed. I'm probably going to subscribe, if I can scrounge enough pennies.

The first issue game, Barbarossa, looks promising. I downloaded the map and based on what I can see, it seems to use a lot of Ty's signature mechanics- Attack Stalled and Blood Bath combat results, movement allowances as a function of game turn, mobile or prepared assaults, etc. Just what I need- another Barbarossa game.

The articles themselves are also good, though some of them are quite basic and more of an overview aimed at someone with little knowledge of the topic. Not that that's a bad thing.

Can't wait to spend more time with the articles. This one is going to travel to and from work with me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
Boston Redsox
badge
New England Patriots!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got a complimentary issue of this in the mail!It looks awesome.I'll probably be subscribing to this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I agree with the positive comments. I note that it costs $200 for the 6 issues for the year for the gaming version. Less the cost of the mag alone, that's about $30 per game. That's not a price I want to pay for games I don't want. That is, I'd rather pick up the mag issue to issue and buy the game version for the issues where I actually want the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy M
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're looking at the wrong price! $200 is the cost for a sub to WaW + S&T.

http://strategyandtacticspress.com/modules.php?name=catalog&...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
Boston Redsox
badge
New England Patriots!
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I read this you get a game in each magazine for $200.So that would be 12 games for $200.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right you are. OK, so that makes it $15 per game. And, WaW comes out every 2 months. So that's 6 issues per year plus the games in S&T. Again, I won't want most of those games. But, for a diehard grognard, I can see the value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bernatz
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does S&T also come out 6 times/year? Or is it a monthly magazine?

-K

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
Boston Redsox
badge
New England Patriots!
mbmbmbmbmb
6 times a year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.