Popular Tags: [View All]
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a 2-player variant for this game? Or is there any reason why it couldn't be played by just 2 players?

Hello? Anyone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Stevens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
I can't think of an easy way to make it work for 2 players off hand. I'm sure it's possible to create a 2 player variant, but it would take some work. Here are some things you'd need to think about:

- Scarcity of flowers. Maybe deal with this by scoring multiple times for a single flowers?
- Shared cards. Could just be face up.
- Cards only you know. Probably need more--like 2 or 3.

I think those would be the main issues of scaling it down to 2 players. The game is mostly a psychological game of guessing why other players are doing what they're doing, and you lose some of that when there are only 2 players...

Ken Stevens
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
That's sad to hear. As I was reading the rules last night, I was thinking "This would be easy to reduce to two players...just change the number of judge cards known by the players and maybe reduce the number of flowers even more than usual."

From the rules, it doesn't sound at all like a psychological guessing game but, rather, a deduction and resource management game, which would work well with 2 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.