Thumb up
1 Posts

Colossal Arena» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pierre-Luc Thiffault
flag msg tools
After the 2nd game of Age of Steam, it was getting a bit late. Pierre was in the mood for something light like Colossal Arena to finish up a gamer's christmas at my cousin's place. Pierre never thought that he would play Age of Steam twice in the same day, two new maps too. He was very pleased. We all enjoyed our day.

Michel had left. So we were 4 players playing Colossal Arena. Pierre, Mario, Gilles and myself. We played a 2nd game right after. In the second game, my cousin Marc-Andre had joined us, who was playing games upstairs. It was the same 8 creatures in both games. They were the Colossus, Magus, Amazon, Cyclops, Daimon, Wyrm, Troll, Titan.

I had played the original Titan: The Arena once before. From what I heard, there are some rule changes in Colossal Arena. Some which are questionable. Makes some wonder why certain rules had change. One of the rule changes which came up in both games was that the game ends once the last card was drawn from the pile.

In both games, there was more than 3 creatures. So both games didn't last 5 rounds. Amazing enough, in the second game, only 2 of the 8 creaturs were killed which was kinda odd. More secret bets were alive. More oddly was the fact that, in the second game, out of the 5 secret bets, 3 people bet on the Amazon. The Amazon was still alive, one of the two dead creatures was a secret bet of another player.

Main reason why cards was drawn at a rapid rate, Mario in both games kept using the Amazon's ability to draw 3 cards, Mario also used the Magus ability often in the second game to discard some cards. In the first game, it was someone else who used the Magus ability a few times.

Both games were fun and interesting, though the second was a bit short to our liking. I am very pleased that I got this game in my collection. Looking forward to our next play.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.