Arkham Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can you use more than two hands in a fight? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian J. Hotovec
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have several questions about combat.

1) If I cast the Dread Curse of Azathoth (DCoA) while fighting two monsters in the same location, do I get the +9 to combat checks against both monsters until either both are dead or I'm unconscious/insane? Or does it only work against one monster?

2) If I don't get the +9 against both monsters, can I cast DCoA against monster 1 and another spell, say Shrivelling, against monster 2? This would use three hands.

3) If I'm fighting two monsters in the same location with a carbine, a knife and a revolver, can I use the carbine and revolver against monster 1 (let's say it dies in the first round) and then switch to using the knife and the revolver against monster 2?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GorthraxtheBeast wrote:
I have several questions about combat.

1) If I cast the Dread Curse of Azathoth (DCoA) while fighting two monsters in the same location, do I get the +9 to combat checks against both monsters until either both are dead or I'm unconscious/insane? Or does it only work against one monster?

IIRC, each fight against a monster is its own separate fight, so you only get the +9 vs the one you cast it.

Quote:
2) If I don't get the +9 against both monsters, can I cast DCoA against monster 1 and another spell, say Shrivelling, against monster 2? This would use three hands.

3) If I'm fighting two monsters in the same location with a carbine, a knife and a revolver, can I use the carbine and revolver against monster 1 (let's say it dies in the first round) and then switch to using the knife and the revolver against monster 2?

You can change weapons/hands after each round of combat, i.e after you attack and then monster does damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Rauli is correct. Each monster is a separate combat. Any spell cast for one cannot be used for the other. If you cast a spell against one, you can continue to use that spell as long as you devote hands to it. Each round, you can decide to use your hands to equip something else. You never have more than 2 hands (though there is an investigator in Dunwich that gives you the use of a "third" hand for spells only).

Most weapons can be used mutliple times because they are not exhausted in order to be used. All spells are exhausted which is why they can only be used once before having to be refreshed in the Upkeep phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
Only if you find the prehensile tail card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Walton
United States
Springfield
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marie Lambeau (from Dunwich) can...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joebelanger wrote:
Only if you find the prehensile tail card.

My idiot friends got me Munchkin Cthulhu II as a gift today. It'll be worth a novelty play or two

C.H.A.D. wrote:
Marie Lambeau (from Dunwich) can...

Okay. I had her, with Storm of Spirits, two Revelations of Script, and her standard Enchanted Knife. She was ANNIHILATING monsters that game. Warlocks and Wizard Whateley notwithstanding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian J. Hotovec
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarifications. That helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.