Popular Tags: [View All]
Mendon Dornbrook
United States
Phoenix
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A while back, user happyboy started a raffle for a copy of Elfenroads to help raise money for his cancer run. A few other users jumped in to offer prizes to ticket buyers. My contribution was a geekgold prize. With the help of Aldie and the BGG community, that prize grew to over 2,000 geekgold! After Ron selected winners and I sent the geekgold out into the ether, I received a gift from the winner of 200 geekgold. While I appreciate his gift, it's a bit of an embarrassment of riches as that money was entirely meant to go to a raffle prize winner. So, I've decided that I should give it away to hard working geeks that deserve it and not squander it on used copy of Tichu.

Here's how to qualify to receive your geekgold. If you bought a raffle ticket and didn't win anything from Ron's Raffle Ticket Drive, post a comment below asking for either a microbadge, an avatar, or some lesser amount of geekgold. Or, if you didn't buy a raffle ticket, you can Donate Here to cancer research, once you've done that, I'll send you some geekgold.

This offer is first come, first serve, until I give away that 200 geekgold. Thanks for all of your support and, please, continue to donate to cancer research!
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelo Arezzi
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I bought a raffle ticket. I also donated some geek gold. Can you send me just one geek gold. I'd like to have an entry of it somewhere.

AJ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
Oo! I'd be keen on a free microbadge. I'm not sure which one yet. Torn between Game Design Hobbyist, Terry Pratchett fan or maybe a music one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Geggus
United Kingdom
Brentwood,
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I made a contribution first off and any sort of prize was totally irrelevant. Sure it would have been nice to win something, but I was more than pleased that my meagre contribution was going to a worthwhile cause.

I also think that there are a number of far more deserving recipients of some spare GG than me, but if, AND ONLY IF, you wish to distribute largesse further afield I will happily take a microbadge. I do find the Pastaferian badge hilarious, although I should make reference to father of two hulking sons or Avalon Hill fan etc. etc.

Great gesture Mendon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another microbadge would be oh so cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Burnett
United States
Victorville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I could always use a new microbadge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haverty
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I participated in the fundraiser and got nothing but warm fuzzies.

I wouldn't mind a microbadge as (hopefully within the next couple months) I'll need to replace my "Father of one boy" badge with "Father of XX" where XX is either two boys, two boys and one girl, one boy and one girl, or one boy and two girls (we're adopting and open to twins if at least one is a girl, so we don't know what we're getting yet ). But, you know, gotta keep that thing current
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Axel Vidmark
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A face would be nice.... blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Youri Janse
Netherlands
Barendrecht
Zuid Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldnt mind some geekgold for a microbadge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Riley
United States
California
flag msg tools
I lost my younger brother to cancer (Osteo Sarcoma) last September. He was 22. I donated, Geek Gold or not. Best of luck to the patient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Smallwood
United States
Santa Ana
California
flag msg tools
badge
TWO Equals in an "if" statement!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, that's a good idea, Angelo. I didn't win anything or get any GG, so just 1 would give me a record of this whole drive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mendon Dornbrook
United States
Phoenix
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NJAnge wrote:
I'd like to have an entry of it somewhere.

You now have 2 records as I gave a tip to your post in the Elfenroads fundraiser thread.

Cheers,
Mendon
P.s. do you want an avatar? I still have some left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mendon,

Muy cool of you to keep the flowing like this. I was in the Raffle Ticket Drive, but didn't win. I've managed to get up to geekbadge, but would really like a little something to help me toward an ubercool, uberbadge--if you can spare it.

Ciao, eh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mendon Dornbrook
United States
Phoenix
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I've managed to get up to geekbadge, but would really like a little something to help me toward an ubercool, uberbadge--if you can spare it.

No problem, Tommy. Though, I do have to admit, I've always like having just a geekbadge more than and ubergeek-badge. maybe it's about where the hyphen goes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth McEvoy
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I donated for 5 raffle tickets and didn't win anything. Which is just fine because it is a good cause. But if you're still handing out gold, I'd like enough for a microbadge (Bruno Faidutti) or maybe even an avatar. I don't have either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Weintraub
United States
Commack
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Lock him up!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure I donated to that one, but don't recall for sure. Is there an easy way to check? And if I did, I could always use another microbadge. Or even just 5gg, so you can spread the love out more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Glosser
United States
Antioch
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll check Monday, but I believe this was one I contributed to. I'll post again after this weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mendon Dornbrook
United States
Phoenix
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As of this post, I am officially geekgold broke! Thank you, everyone, who has donated to cancer research. Please continue to do so in the future!

EDIT: We're back in business! I've got another 100 geekgold shining a hole in my pocket!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bestia immonda
Italy
Bologna
Bologna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just passing by, I've seen the magic words FREE-GEEKGOLD-MICROBADGES and I couldn't resist....blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth McEvoy
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rapmastersethmc wrote:
I donated for 5 raffle tickets and didn't win anything. Which is just fine because it is a good cause. But if you're still handing out gold, I'd like enough for a microbadge (Bruno Faidutti) or maybe even an avatar. I don't have either.

I snuck in under the wire and mdornbrook handed me a bag with 30 so I went and bought myself an avatar.

Isn't it pretty?

I'd better get started learning how to write reviews, session reports, and snap pictures so I can get some microbadges.

Thank you, mdornbrook!

PS: In my few short weeks on the Geek, I've noticed that compared to many, many other web sites, this place is fun, friendly, and often quite intelligent. And there are some very kind people. thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mac
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it's great to have you here, Seth! They are great folks, just don't feed them after midnight or get them wet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth McEvoy
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MeGrimlockKing wrote:
Well it's great to have you here, Seth! They are great folks, just don't feed them after midnight or get them wet.

Good to know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
What a nice idea! I don't have much, but what I have I don't need, so here you go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mendon Dornbrook
United States
Phoenix
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
People keep tipping me geekgold! Seriously guys, you're RUINING my tip ratio!

Thank you, everyone, for your generosity. And, for anyone who's checking the thread, as of this post, I still have a bunch of geekgold to give away!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey there folks!

Well, I still didnt have the pleasure to participate in any of those activities!

Seems I'm still to new to have been around shake

But I'm truly happy to have found this nice site Really a great community here.

Take care all !!

Some geek gold tip kindly appreciated meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.