Sven Van Roeyen
Belgium
Ekeren
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exploration Phase :

Scroll : active player takes an ability cards

Book : active player takes two ability cards, other players draw one, discard one

Healing potion : heal one health

Place Discovery Token on a space on the board ( Gold : Gain item when in a city, Hearthstone : discard to go to place of choice, Far Sight : Discard to look at any other token on the board, either replace or discard the token, Goblin Rocket Boots : Discard to reroll movement or combat roll, Travelling Merchant : discard to take any item from other player's bag, that player may take item from your bag, Ambush : opponent's attack roll +1 and is considered ranged attack, False Map : opponent to your right may moveyour character, Power Drain : Discrd two abilities, Disease : Max health is reduced by 1, discard when taking a large healing resource, Bomb: take two damage

Flight Path : fly to any other space containing flight path

Auction House : discard one of your items to draw another from the deck with same color.

Burbonn Fang : level 1 : 1 (ranged) attack, 4 armor , 1 damage ,4 health, can flip level card by discarding a beast encounter card -> Flip Side : 2- 4 - 1 - 4 + special ability : roll a 6 : receive +1 defense, level 2 : 1 - 4 - 1 -4 + flip : flip side : 2 - 4 - 1 - 5, same special ability, level 3 : 1 - 4 - 2 - 4 + flip : flip side : 2 - 4 - 2 - 5, receive + 2 defense on a roll of six, level 4 : 2 - 5 - 2 - 5 + flip : flip side : 3 - 5 - 2 - 6, same special ability

Abilities : Arcane Shot, Serpent Sting, Freezing Trap, Snake Trap, Explosive Trap, Aspect of the Viper, Aspect of the Monkey, Aspect of the Cheetah, Aspect of the Hawk, Wing clip, Mend Pet, Concussive shot, feign Death, Eagle Eye, Raptor Strike, Growl, claw, Intimitidation, Bestial Wrath

Sofeea Icecall : level 1 : 1 (ranged) attack, 4 armor, 1 damage, 3 health, spend 2 energy to flip card -> 1 - 4 - 1 - 3 : flip side : Ice Block : Opponents cannot start a battle against you, end of turn heal 1 damage and flip card, level 2 : 1 - 4 - 1 - 4 : flip side : 1 - 4 - 1 - 4 , same ability, level 3 : 1 - 4 - 2 - 4 : spend 1 energy to flip : flip side : 1 - 4 - 2 - 4 : same special ability, level 4 : 2 - 5 - 2 -5 , flipside : same ability

Abilities : Ice Shards, Blizzard, Summon Water Elemental, Teleport, Portal, Permafrost, Arcane Intellect, Evocation, Frost Nova, Cone of Cold, Frost Bolt, Blink, Frost Armor, Counterspell, Shatter, Ice Barrier

Grumbaz Crowsblood : level 1 : 2 (melee) attack, 5 armor, 2 damage, 4 health, At the start of a battle flip card -> flip side : 2 - 5 - 2 - 4, special ability : berserker stance +1 attack, - 2 defense, may flip at end of battle, level 2 : 2 - 5 - 1 - 5 -> flip side : 2 - 5 - 2 - 5 ,same ability, level 3 : 2 - 5 - 2 - 5, -> flip side : 2 - 5 - 3 - 5, +1 attack, -1 defense, level 4 : 3 - 6 - 2 - 6, flip side : 3 - 6 - 3 - 6, same ability

Abilities : Heroic Strike, Battle Shout, Demoralizing Shout, Commanding Shout, Rampage, reckleckness, Whirlwind, Victory Rush, Weapon specializeation, Pummel, intercept, Execute, Flurry, Parry, Hamstring, Charge, Bloodthirst, Bloodrage

sandrai Darkshine : Level 1 : 1 (ranged) attack, 4 armor, 1 damage, spend 2 energy to flip, flip side : 1 - 4 - 1 - 3, special ability : Voidwalker : Flip card to reduce any damage dealth by 1, level 2 : 1 - 4 -1 - 4, flip side : 1 - 4 - 1 - 4, same ability, level 3 : 1 - 4 - 2 -4 ,spend one energy to flip, flip side : 1 - 4 - 2 - 4, same ability, level 4 : 2 - 5 - 2 - 5, flip side : same ability

Abilities :seed of corruption, Curse of weakness, Curse of reckleckness, Curse of agony, Health Funnel, Corruption, Fear, Life Tap, Death Coil, Sacrifice, Demon Armor, Consume Shadows, Shadow Bolt, Master Summoner, Torment, Summon Felsteed, Ritual of Summoning

A lot of these abilities require your card to be on the flip side.

Burbonn's abilities focus on attaching his cards to locations to stop/block other players, Sandrai's abilities attach to opponent's player card, Grumbaz abilities focus on weapon effects (replacing normal values of his weapons,...

Some good combos are in these cards...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Van Roeyen
Belgium
Ekeren
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Example of quests :

Hands of the enemy : while there is an active quest, you receive +1 attack and +1 defense against game board encounters. Complete this quest by defeating any overlord encounter (give one valor point)

Green Hills of Stranglethorn : Place a damage token on this card each time you defeat a BEAST encounter, or any location within 2 spaces of Booty Bay. Complete quests when there are 4 tokens on it (gives three valor points)

A husband's Revenge : Once per turn, place a damage token, when you deal at least one damage to another character, complete quest when there are three tokens on it. (gives two points)

A Gallon of Blood : choose any other character, put one character token on this card, complete this quest bu defeating that character. (3 points)

Taking the Fall : Complete this quest by being defeated by an enemy character (1 point)

thunderbrew Lager : Complete the quest by discard two mana items while within one space of the deadmines during your maintenance phase. (2 points)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The lunatic is on the grass...
United States
The 'Couve
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Good gravy, this sounds fun...thanks a bunch Sven.
The quest system actually feels like a quest system...nice

Correct me if I am wrong, but isnt Origins going on right now?! Arent people playing this there or at least seeing it being played, not to mention that Germany is now playing it, and nothing from anybody. What in the hell is Blizzard/FFG waiting on? Lets get this thing rolling for crying out loud!

Kudos to you Sven. If I had any GG, I would let you have a couple coins just for all the info you have provided over the last couple of days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Van Roeyen
Belgium
Ekeren
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some events :

A Watchful Eye : Place this card on the Tower of Azora, a character encountering this card, rolls a combat die : 1-5 : draw two ability cards,all other players discard one ability card. on a 6 : flip the card. Back side : Choose an opponent of green or higher level. That player moves to the Tower of Azora and discards two ability cards at random. If there are no suitable targets, draw two ability cards.

The Battle of Hilsbrad : Place this card on the Ruins of Dalaran. A character encountering this cards, flips it. Back side :Each character whose affliction does not match yours, is dealt one damage.

ritual of Storms : Place this card on Altar of Storms, each player places a character token on this card. a character encountering this event, may remove his token. Flip the card when there is only one token on it. Back side : The character who remains on this token is moved to the Altar of Storms, if he is red level : he is dealt two damage, if he is not red level, he is defeated...

Arena Champions : Each character makes a single combat roll, adds his current attack value. The character whith highest total, takes the cards, and flips it. Back side : Place this card in your quest log, it is worth 1 valor point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Van Roeyen
Belgium
Ekeren
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Overlord sample :

Naxxramas : The attacker is dealt one damage at the start and at the end of this battle. ( 4 melee - 9 armor - 3 damage)

Some items :

Ice Cold Milk : discard this item at start of turn, to draw three ability cards.

The Butcher : Melee Weapon, attack 3, when battling a character, receive +1 damage, on a roll of three, if battling an encounter, receive + 1 attack.

Fine Leather Armor : armor 5, on a roll of 2 and 3 : receive +1 attack and draw one ability card

Bingle's Flying Gloves : when you roll one on the movement die, you may move up to two spaces, when you roll one energy, you receive one additional energy to spend.

Bulging Bag of Coins : you may discard this card when in a city, to draw a green or yellow item

Julie's Dagger : Melee, attack 3, on a roll of 5 or 6 : receive + 2 attack and +1 damage

Kickin' Chamerok Chops : Discard this item at start of turn, to heal all damage, draw ability cards until you have 5 in your hand, and flip your character card if desired.

Jaina's Firestarter : Ranged, 3 attack, on a roll of 2 or 6, if you are battling another character, immediately deal 2 damage to him, even if your attack misses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Van Roeyen
Belgium
Ekeren
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some encounters:

Scarlet Paladin: (Aggro) : 3 melee attack - 7 defense - 2 damage, on a roll of 1 : receive +1 defense and reroll.

Scarlet Gallant : 2 - 6 - 2 , on a roll of 6 : cancel the battle

Chucky "Ten Thumbs" : 3 - 1 - 2 : the attacker does not roll a combat die or make an attack, of this encounter misses it is defeated automatically

Defias Conjurer : 1 (ranged) - 6 defense - 1 damage, on a roll of 6 : this encounter receives +1 defense and +1 damage

Unstoppable Abomination : (Aggro) : 2 - 9 - 1 , attacker is dealt 1 damage at start of battle.

Chomper : 1 - 5 - 3 , a character defeated by Chomper, is moved to Gnomeregan instead of a city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leone Fenzi
Italy
Genova
flag msg tools
badge
Winter is Coming
mbmbmbmbmb
Sven, really really good job, thanks.

Tbh I am bit surprised & disappointed regarding FFG total "silence" about this game up to now....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is so awesome of you Sven, thanks!...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did someone post how combat and how PvP combat work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What does Aggro mean? I noticed the same keyword on the an encounter on the back of the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterDinadan wrote:
What does Aggro mean? I noticed the same keyword on the an encounter on the back of the box.

Aggro usually means an area around your character that will draw the enemy in. Also higher your Aggro the more the enemy will concentrate on you if you are fighting as a party.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Covert
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterDinadan wrote:

I'm guessing, in the context of this game, it means that you can't just sneak by without encountering the opponent...

Of course, if FFG were to post the rules, we'd know for sure...

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Van Roeyen
Belgium
Ekeren
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aggro : indeed it means you can't leave the area unless you defeat the encounter, that can be very nasty, as a lot of the encounters have AGGRO, also quite some ability cards have AGGRO like the traps cards...

Sven
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Van Roeyen
Belgium
Ekeren
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More pictures are uploaded at the moment... Enjoy...

These pictures should give you a good idea about the gameplay together with the details I already provided...

Sven
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
SvenVR73 wrote:
More pictures are uploaded at the moment... Enjoy...

These pictures should give you a good idea about the gameplay together with the details I already provided...

Sven

Damnit, your pictures are getting deleted as fast as they are going up! You can guess someone at FFG is probably monitoring this site and calling Aldie minute by minute to have them pulled. angry

Grab them quick boys before the Internet Police remove them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Van Roeyen
Belgium
Ekeren
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Almost all pictures are declined by the admins... It is hard to get pictures that get approved...

If anyone is interested in some pictures, just let me know, I'll send them through mail, if anyone wants to crop / adjust colors, put less cards on the pictures, feel free :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Van Roeyen
Belgium
Ekeren
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More pictures can be found at : http://svenvr.spaces.live.com/ as the pictures are not of enough quality to get through the Boardgamegeek's thorough check...

I am not the world's best photographer so don't shoot me :-)

Sven
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is looking better and better! And I'm so glad to see so many well-known characters and items on these card...

LOL @ Hogger's flavor text...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Hamson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sven I got to say...awesome job. Thanks so much for sharing this info. I have been really curious about this game for so long that it was starting to drive me a little bonkers. Great pics, and description. I really appreciate your contribution here. Also now that all this info has spilled out I am positive that this is a game my girlfriend and I can enjoy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Watson
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, this game is looking a pretty good choice for me to get to play with my daughter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leone Fenzi
Italy
Genova
flag msg tools
badge
Winter is Coming
mbmbmbmbmb
SvenVR73 wrote:
More pictures can be found at : http://svenvr.spaces.live.com/
Sven

Well done!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Neal
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes very good job, though I am one of the seven people who do not actually play WOW on the pc, I DO enjoy FF's products and like the rest of the world have many friends who do play WOW, they have been anxiously awaiting any info on this product, way to ninja the PUBLISHER with the game details!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Jon Snow wrote:
SvenVR73 wrote:
More pictures can be found at : http://svenvr.spaces.live.com/
Sven

Well done!

Thanks Sven! You are our hero!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you explain what a "discovery" is and also how encounters are drawn or placed on the board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Van Roeyen
Belgium
Ekeren
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

After your movement phase, one of the options (besides using potions, taking a flightpath, etc) is to draw a discovery tile, look at it, and place it somewhere on the board... Good one you probably want to place in your neigborhood, while the bad ones you drop near your opponents...

Abilities allow you to discard those tiles and replace them by a new drawn tile...

I have posted some more details about those tiles in another post (there are bombs, penalties for battling, (12 bad red tiles 2 x 6 different ones, and 12 good green tiles )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.