Ohio
flag msg tools
admin
designer
If you're not part of the soultion...
badge
You're part of the precipitate!
mbmbmbmbmb
After getting a first look at some of the plans, it appears that the cards for Dominion will be the same size as the cards for Race for the Galaxy. Thus, if you choose to sleeve them, they will fit into the common size used for many CCGs.

Dale
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome.

Attn: Other card game makers. This is the correct way to do it.

Edit: See below. 91x59mm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Buel
United States
Hollywood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite card sleeves are Dragon Shield.

No, I don't work for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy crap that's ALOT of sleeves!!!

You know when they're sleeved they'll take up 7 deck boxes....RftG takes up 2 (That's actually true based on the 500 cards they advertised, as about 75 sleeved cards fit in a normal deck box).

To be more serious, I'm thankful that RGG is setting the standard for card sizes in our industry. The recent DoW release TTR: CG also adheres to this standard, so there's 2 of the biggies giving us love.

On another note, Dragon Shields do come in packages of 50, so if there's 500 cards...hey! More GOOD MATH!

I've got about 5000 extra sleeves from my MTG days anyways...shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fair
United States
Damascus
MD
flag msg tools
designer
Or maybe PowerGrid?
badge
Yeah, that's me. Handsome devil, I know.
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
Holy crap that's ALOT of sleeves!!!

You know when they're sleeved they'll take up 7 deck boxes....RftG takes up 2 (That's actually true based on the 500 cards they advertised, as about 75 sleeved cards fit in a normal deck box).

I carry my prototype for Dominion in one of these:

Rook Endura Tournament Pro Metal Case

My case was badly scratched so my FLGS was selling it deeply discounted. A little spray paint fixed it right up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dale yu
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
admin
designer
If you're not part of the soultion...
badge
You're part of the precipitate!
mbmbmbmbmb
yudp wrote:
After getting a first look at some of the plans, it appears that the cards for Dominion will be the same size as the cards for Race for the Galaxy. Thus, if you choose to sleeve them, they will fit into the common size used for many CCGs.

Dale

I have just finished the final proofs, and the card size will not be quite the same as RftG. The final size of the cards will be 91x59mm. I think that this is similar to the cards in Agricola, but I am not certain on this.

Dale

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yudp wrote:
yudp wrote:

Dale

I have just finished the final proofs, and the card size will not be quite the same as RftG. The final size of the cards will be 91x59mm. I think that this is similar to the cards in Agricola, but I am not certain on this.

Dale

Maybe this seems like a minor detail, but it's a deal breaker for me. What is wrong with printing these as a standard size?

Edit: The german Agricola cards were 91x59. I'm not sure about the English. This is 2mm more height and 5mm less width than a poker card. UltraPro sleeves are out, because they run short on height. KMC sleeves should work, although barely on the height. The shuffling will be sloppy, because of the missing width.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fair
United States
Damascus
MD
flag msg tools
designer
Or maybe PowerGrid?
badge
Yeah, that's me. Handsome devil, I know.
mbmbmbmbmb
jdludlow wrote:
Maybe this seems like a minor detail, but it's a deal breaker for me. What is wrong with printing these as a standard size?

I think it is the standard size in Europe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Williams
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where can we get card sleeves for these? I was noticing the card sleeves I bought for Z-Man Agricola don't fit very well. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
Yu-Gi-Oh card sleeves are ~62x89mm, so those should be ok. There have been various threads pointing to interhobby website but I couldn't find the right size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Williams
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spearjr wrote:
Yu-Gi-Oh card sleeves are ~62x89mm, so those should be ok. There have been various threads pointing to interhobby website but I couldn't find the right size.

It looks like the sleeves listed as 6195 are 61x95mm in 100 count. They also have 64x95. I'm not sure if I care to stumble through the registration to actually buy them there though...

Edit: The 64x95mm are out of stock. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
fargus9 wrote:
spearjr wrote:

It looks like the sleeves listed as 6195 are 61x95mm in 100 count. They also have 64x95. I'm not sure if I care to stumble through the registration to actually buy them there though...

Edit: The 64x95mm are out of stock. cry

Good find. Here is a link for others straight to the 6195. Perhaps a group order to get them to the states makes sense?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Williams
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spearjr wrote:

Good find. Here is a link for others straight to the 6195. Perhaps a group order to get them to the states makes sense?

That makes some sense. I'm interested in probably at least 400 sleeves for Agricola.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Waters
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be in for a pile as well (for both Agricola and Dominion).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jdludlow wrote:
yudp wrote:
yudp wrote:

Dale

Dale

Edit: The german Agricola cards were 91x59. I'm not sure about the English. This is 2mm more height and 5mm less width than a poker card. UltraPro sleeves are out, because they run short on height. KMC sleeves should work, although barely on the height. The shuffling will be sloppy, because of the missing width.

English Agricola cards are also 91x59. In KMC sleeves, the top of the card is almost peeking out of the top of the sleeve, and there's as much left-right slop as I suspected.

The short version is that this is annoying. Dominion just went from a definite sight unseen purchase to a big unknown.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Sodusta
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fargus9 wrote:
spearjr wrote:

That makes some sense. I'm interested in probably at least 400 sleeves for Agricola.

I am interested in a bulk purchase as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sleeves are further discussed in other threads on BGG as well. They have been released in a standard and a premium thickness sleeve that is specifically designed for 59X92 MM cards at www.maydaygames.com, They are also available at many FLGS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.