Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nate Johnson
United States
Vernon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like the Online game is up and running again, after a considerable downtime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew LaClair
United States
Watertown
New York
flag msg tools
Yes it is. Played many rounds last night. It was glitchy, but awesome. Peter Olotka kicked our butts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Catanarama wrote:
But, overall, it's great to see the old girl back.

Maybe I missed the thread, but what exactly happened to the site that got it taken offline for an extended period? I checked it out last night and it doesn't seem particularly different from the last time I visited, other than all of the statistics wiped out and it reflecting the current year as 2004.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Johnson
United States
Vernon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You know, I've been trying this version, and after several games, I have to say CEOnline really doesn't do it for me.

I love the board game version (mayfair, soon to have some additional aliens, when I stop being lazy) but the online version just bores me. I considered quiting in the last game because I just didn't care, (I didn't though; no reason to cheat the bots out of their fun.) Maybe, if I paid and got more powers as possibliities, it would be better, but the interface is not that great (for me at least) and I only need to see a set of 4 from Macron, Trader, Zombie, Oracle, Clone and Warrior so many times before the promise of infinite replayability wanes.

The limiting of the game to 4 home planets and 4 for the win also means that in most of the games I have played, I have not exhausted my initial hand, so a bad draw is even more painful.

When the only fun part of the last game was cosmic zapping zombie to send him to the warp, I think I can be sure I won't be needing that site bookmarked.

I was amused by the member that explained that the online version fixed the stuff Mayfair broke. Hmm, really? Given that Lucre (for which Mayfair rules seem more intersting) and Flares (I can see arguements either way on those) are not in the game, what horrible changes did they fix?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.