Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Franka
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I love the game. However, one of my cards has a misprint (the art is missing). I'd like to find out about getting a replacement for the card. I've emailed Cambridge Games using their website mail submission form and their email address listed there, but I've gotten no response after waiting for two weeks. Anyone have any helpful suggestions?

ADDENDUM: As mentioned below, Ed did get back to me and graciously solved my problem!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Re: Any idea how to get a hold of customer service?
Write CGF again. Ed Carter is usually good at responding to my messages so perhaps your note just got sucked into the ether.

Eric
Editor, http://www.BoardgameNews.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not saying that he won't help you, but I think that card is misprinted in every set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Franka
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Ah, ok. Good to know. I may try again but the misprint does not affect the playability of the game in any way, so if every set is like that and other people just make do with it as is, I may just do the same thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that most of CGF are busy right now.

What card specifically is misprinted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Franka
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
In my deck, one of the Palisades is missing the art.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Pombeiro
Portugal
Sao Joao do Estoril
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bigtex01 wrote:
In my deck, one of the Palisades is missing the art.

A friend of mine as exactly the same situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Carter
United States
Groton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Customer service question
Henry Rhombus wrote:
Ed Carter is usually good at responding to my messages so perhaps your note just got sucked into the ether.

I'm afraid it was more about me getting sucked into the ether, rather than your email, sorry. In my real, mortage paying job I'm an independent business consultant (www.cgftoolkit.com) - my current assignment is ending over the summer so I've been heads down looking for my next role.

The Palisade isn't misprinted in every set, but it's bad in way too many - about 1 in 10, I think. Up to now I have been sending out replacement cards when I'm asked for them, because it's only been a couple of requests per week. Unfortunately I'm having to destroy playable decks to do it though, so if I start getting dozens of requests then I'll have to stop - sorry.

Cheers,

Ed Carter
Managing Director
Cambridge Games Factory
www.cambridgegames.com
YES! We'd love to see your game idea
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Franka
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Re: Customer service question
Ed,
I got your kind email. Thanks for the explanation. I completely understand and appreciate your situation. I know you're not a huge corporate game company--you're a guy trying to make a living like the rest of us (and you like games like the rest of us). I can sympathize with being really busy. So I'm not unhappy in any way. Just the opposite--I appreciate your willingness to send me a replacement card out of a new deck (I was afraid that was going to be the case.)

For what it's worth, I'll get a lot of use out of it, as our group gets this to the table fairly frequently.

Ed, again, thanks for the reply and explanation and willingness to send the new card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cooksey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man, half my palisades have the bad art. I wouldn't mind having fixed art on them, but it's not a game-breaking problem by any means.

Great game, by the way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking of customer support:

My game arrived today but some cards from one deck were missing, a few cards had bad scratches on their front and back, and the Palisades were missing their graphic.

I sent an email to Ed and in 5 minutes (!!!) i got a reply back saying that he will replace all missing/marked cards, even those slightly marked!

Considering that Cambridge Games is a small company, this kind of customer service is exceptional!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.