Maya» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Snooze Fest
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
First game for all of us: me, Mary (M1), Marlena (M2) and Chad. It looks like we played a rule incorrectly - we awarded whoever placed the last brick each level a free brick for the next level, instead of the person who had the majority. Will have to look at the rules one more time to make sure about that.

It took us all a while to get a feel for how to strategize. There's a very nice dual use of the cards for both bidding and limiting the number of bricks you can play in the next phase. It was hard figuring out a good balance. We all did reasonably well in the first round, managing to keep all the stones we had quarried. In the second round, C concentrated his cars, and managed to snag 12 stones! I would have had more, but M1 overbid me for the 5-stone quarry; despite the fact that later, she could only hold on to 7 (losing about 6 or 7, too!). In the final round, M1 and M2 spent stones in order to place 2 at once, taking them out of the stone laying earlier than me and C. We ended up splitting the pyramids upper levels between us. In the end, we C and I tied, but he won the tie breaker by having more stones on the board (he'd managed to pretty much lock 1 pyramid to himself, and most of another as well).

Good game, though not great. Fast, though, so should see repeated play.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.