Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mick Shields
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
badge
The rules state that you "MUST take the following two actions"...yet in the play a card section it says "you MAY play any number of cards" we had some dispute about whether or not you had to play a card. Any opinions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I understand you have to play at least one card each round. Otherwise when the players get close to the end they will just sit there (not playing a card) waiting to draw the right cards to move their own piece and win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you MUST play at least ONE card, but you MAY play more than that. As the previous poster mentioned, the game would break if you were not forced to at least play *something*.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John W
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
avyssaleos wrote:
From what I understand you have to play at least one card each round. Otherwise when the players get close to the end they will just sit there (not playing a card) waiting to draw the right cards to move their own piece and win.
Well, that's not the reason why they made that rule, since if they don;t play a card, they WON'T be drawing cards to get their own color.

IMO, it is to provide a mechanism to force the game forwards - there are occasional times when you are forced to use a wildcard to "jump" a piece over others to make a legal move, even though you may want to keep those wilds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.